i need help

need help

• leave the game for real

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • betend to leave and then come back if they dont goof off any more?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freak out and tell every one to SHUT UP!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • beat every one up at school hehe...

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • start your own game

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • dont do any thing

• go back stab on all of the players

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • kill your self (not in real life but in the game)

lupis3000

First Post
im a player in a game and every one is goofing off EVEN THE DM if i was a good dm i would get a dragon and eat every one but im not so how can a player make the game more in controled? i got some ideas but what one should i use

wallshot

First Post
it sounds like you are odd man out. seems that everyone else wants to play a more commical/humerous game than you do. my advice to you is maybe seek out a game that is a little more serious in nature.

just my .02

Walter_J

First Post
lupis3000 said:
im a player in a game and every one is goofing off EVEN THE DM if i was a good dm i would get a dragon and eat every one but im not so how can a player make the game more in controled? i got some ideas but what one should i use

Ummm... Did you try just talking to them? I've been in similar situations (I think. But more the exception then the norm.) And usually a "C'mon Guys, lets play." Usually helps do the trick.

And/Or

Lead by example. Play serioulsy and ignore the goofing around. If the DM goofs off, take what the DM says seriously and act accordingly.

I'm assuming, of course, that the goofing around has become the "norm" and has gone beyond the typical.

Keep in mind though that gaming is a social event. One thing I've learned over the years is sometimes people get together to play, although if they were to take a step back they might realize that they are not in the mood to play at all and would probably be happier just hanging out and shooting the breeze.

lupis3000

First Post
like its getting realy crazy for example my DM says stuff like a gnome comes out and humps your leg or you take 1000damage for no reason so i think im going to try and take over DMing since its at my house or kick out the people who goof of since i started the game even tho i dont dm

Holy Bovine

First Post
wallshot said:

just my .02

Y'know wallshot there are two ways to spell ketchup (or catsup) and in your sig you missed both of them :)

Really I'm just having a great little laugh over this - it just made my day - thanks!

Remeber I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing towards you! :D

Oh and for the original poster - start a new game with some like minded friends who will actually take the game more seriously. It just sounds like you have some incompatible gaming styles going on.

Either that or the freakout thing.....

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Re: i need help

Walter_J said:
Lead by example. Play serioulsy and ignore the goofing around. If the DM goofs off, take what the DM says seriously and act accordingly.

Yup... :)

Remove ads