D&D 5E Ideas for Warlock Party Member

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Ring of the Wolf
Rare, Wonderous Item (Requires Attunement)
You know the Conjure Animals spell, and when you cast it, it is always some form of wolf that appears.
You may assume the form of a Werewolf for one hour or until you fall unconscious, whichever is sooner. Once you do so, you can't do so again until the next sunset.

Ring of the Wolf
Rare, Wonderous Item (Requires Attunement)
You know the Conjure Animals spell, and when you cast it, it is always some form of wolf that appears.
You may assume the form of a Werewolf for one hour or until you fall unconscious, whichever is sooner. Once you do so, you can't do so again until the next sunset.

Pretty Cool.

I think I may just make it he can turn into a Werewolf or summon a wolf and not both. Not sure, but that's pretty cool.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The werewolf clan knows of an abandoned hidey-hole from an old wizard who went to confront the dragon but failed. They found a "magic wand" in it, but haven't removed it.

The "wand" is actually whatever implement Warlocks use. The wizard left part of his spirit in the wand. It can give advice about how to fight the dragon successfully (mostly "Don't do that! It won't work! Do this instead.") The spirit-fragment knows lots about the dragon and the swamp and wherever else you want the PCs to visit, but nothing useful about the wizard's lifetime studies.
The wand might have a spell that the dragon is Vulnerable to (folks who live in a swamp probably hate desert-based Dessicating Wind, for instance) stored in it. Or it could spray "fire extinguisher" foam (actually a chemical base that negates acid) and mess up his breath weapon.
Do a rough build from the Intelligent Item rules, but you don't have to be complete - this is a way for you to put in advice and guidance, plus give the PCs a fun 'leg up'.

pdegan2814

First Post
Perhaps a set of Black Dragonscale Mail and swap out one of its bonuses for "does not impose disadvantage on Dexterity(Stealth) checks". I say swap out rather than just add it on because Dragonscale armor is "Very Rare" as it is, and at 3rd Level that's pretty darn powerful. Black Dragonscale armor would fit your storyline, it could have been made from the hide of the dragon in his original incarnation and is an heirloom of the clan. But I'd nerf it down to something match whatever magic loot the rest of the party has obtained so far, or can expect to obtain soon. Or link it closer to the Warlock's patron and you could possibly have the patron unlock various features of the armor as he levels up and/or accomplishes certain tasks.

Remove ads