D&D 5E If you're buying Strixhaven, will it to be to run a campaign there, or as a crunch sourcebook?

Do you want to play a Strixhaven campaign, or just use the crunch in other campaigns?

• Strixhaven campaign play! Now, where's that Sorting Hat?

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • It's a book full of magic-themed crunch for other campaigns

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Confundus! I don't know at this point

Votes: 24 34.8%

ccs

41st lv DM
Obviously if I pick this up I'll mine it for crunch/ideas. But I do that with everything so....
Wether or not I use it as a setting.? {shrugs} We'll have to see what it inspires. If it does though I doubt very much it'll be used right away as I'll likely be running either a Theros/Greek inspired campaign or a Pirate campaign by then.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If it does though I doubt very much it'll be used right away as I'll likely be running either a Theros/Greek inspired campaign or a Pirate campaign by then.
Are you homebrewing the pirates or using something off the shelf? (I backed the new Broken Compass Kickstarter campaign in large part because it was adding a pirate setting to the line.)

ccs

41st lv DM
Are you homebrewing the pirates or using something off the shelf? (I backed the new Broken Compass Kickstarter campaign in large part because it was adding a pirate setting to the line.)
If we go the Pirate route I'll most likely be using the PF AP "Skull & Shackles".
I ran it about 10(?) years ago, have all the minis, ship maps, & most importantly all my notes from back then. So a good deal of prep has been already been done. :) It just needs dusting off.
But I never run anything straight by the book, so yes, there'll be HB added into it.

ATM, Pirates or Greek, the next biggest question is 5e or PF? I like both & I can convert stuff easily enough either way. (if Pirates it'd be most convenient though if the players chose PF as that's what my notes are scribbled in)
So it'll really be up to the players. I've got two who'd very much like PF, one who only knows 5e & is resistant to PF because of complexity, & then one odd duck who rails against 5e because it's not 3x - but objects to PF as being broken (he'd do quite well with PF). I'll let them settle it.
Meanwhile I'm reading the Theros book....

Clint_L

Hero
I got Strixhaven on DDB but haven't read it yet. So,,,neither, I guess? I was going to use it for ideas but then decided that if I want to run a high school themed campaign I would rather use Monsterhearts.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I got Strixhaven on DDB but haven't read it yet. So,,,neither, I guess? I was going to use it for ideas but then decided that if I want to run a high school themed campaign I would rather use Monsterhearts.
Sadly, there are no mechanics for magical sex drive effects in Strixhaven.

Weiley31

Legend
Sadly, there are no mechanics for magical sex drive effects in Strixhaven.
I mean, using the Polyamory option in the book will give you up to six Inspirations that can, recharge on a long rest. (Requires you to have your Prof score at +6).

shrugs Something at least.

Remove ads