Imagine playing dirty harry

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Yes, I think it would make a great game with today's technology. Don't know, however, if the brand still has the draw it once had.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Clint Eastwood and the studio (studios? Was there a sequel?) would both have to agree.

I would want to see a restraining mechanism so you as DH cannot just shoot whoever you see; you have to have justification (that does not rise to the level of evidence in Court). This might be indicated by a "Facts of the Case" screen for each intended target, which rewards you for doing detective work in-game. My version of the game would antagonize a lot more players than it would attract, I think.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Yes, I think it would make a great game with today's technology. Don't know, however, if the brand still has the draw it once had.
A new generation might take well to the sound-bite description "clean up San Francisco" in light of IRL news. Harry would start with petty criminals and eventually move up to the corrupt officials who "hear no evil, see no evil" as the criminals grew to be not-so-petty.

Remove ads