In the Service of Cyre

yzard

First Post
"Indeed, I could use a lesson or two more with my dagger as well. But I think the trade-off has served me well. As to 'useful' rituals, only time and situation will reveal."

Closing the book he is reading, Thom leans against the bookshelf and continues,

"Most of my study has been focused on spells that assist others during a battle. For example, a pillar of lightning that damages those nearby; and a cloud of ice cold air that not only damages the enemy but makes it more difficult for them to attack me or my companions. I have also learned to attack the enemy with horrid whispers that assault their very minds, distracting them from the battle at hand as they seek the source of the dreadful noise."

As he continues, a small smile begins to appear - his excitement is obvious in his more animated movements.

"But what I have been focusing much of my energy on recently is learning the art of the summoner. Imagine! Being able to call forth, and control, a warrior from another plane! Thus far, I have learned to summon a Fire Warrior to do my bidding in battle, and I hope that continued study will reveal even greater beings to me."

"I tend to stay at the perimeter of the action, as that is where I can be the most help to others - ha! 'to others!' - the truth of the matter is that I am barely competent when the enemy gets too close...a not-so-minor-detail that I hope to rectify on our journey. I will be bringing along some new spells to study that perhaps can aid me when things get a little more face-to-face."

"Aye, Thom. For now, you might be best off with Varis while the pair of you hurl lightning bolts into the fray. It would be wise, I think, to let Kraken, the prince, and myself to take the brunt of most attacks. I intend to get in close to the fighting. From such an intimate perspective, I'll be able to manipulate the flow of the battle."

Alaric walks up to Thom and takes on a less serious demeanor. It seems that Alaric has a lighter side - one not constantly obsessed with the intricacies of battle. He continues.

(Commander's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics, and Viper's Strike)
"I'll be able to facilitate flanking maneuvers quite easily, allowing Dev a bit of an advantage, or perhaps I could convince the enemy not to stray too far from my sword, lest he get obliterated by Kraken's blade. Or perhaps I could just tell Kraken to attack in my stead. You know - in case I'm tired. The villain would do right to fear my mind as well as my father's sword."

Alaric laughs. He's obviously eager to showcase these abilities and to truly forge the bonds of brotherhood in combat with these allies.

(Warlord's Favor and Inspiring Word)
"I've mastered another trick - a bit of swordplay I've learned and been able to apply in a gentleman's duel (or two) - I stab the enemy in the chest, and then, while he's still reeling from the wound, one of my friends stabs him in the back. It may not be the most honorable strategy, but indeed, it's an effective one. And if one of us happens to become wounded, I know that a little bit of first-aid and a few encouraging words can do as much as magic."

Alaric seems to have settled into a more comfortable manner - this does not seem to be the stiff nobleman that you've been anxiously traveling with. This is the Alaric his friends know and love - the pragmatic, honest, friendly warrior.

(Lead The Attack)
"If I have enough preparation, I believe that any enemy I set my sights on will be brought down by our superior teamwork and strategy. My tactics will provide the means by which we will crush the villains who might stand in our way. By the Gods, I pray that something tries to stand in our way!"

Shayuri

First Post
(hm...anyone hear anything from Shaggy about him not posting in December? Games often go into hiatus...I hope that's all it is)

yzard

First Post
My first game here - so I don't know anyone (or their habits), nor do I know if this kind of extended absence is normal around the holidays?

I was planning on waiting for a week or two after the new year to see if he returns. If not, I will just drop out and try for another game.

Remove ads