Press Ink Bat To Publish D&D Co-Creator Dave Arneson’s Final RPG Project

aco175

Legend
Because the anniversary doesn't belong to WotC and because, without Arneson, it's debatable whether there'd be more than a handful of people celebrating whatever it is that Tactical Studies Rules would have published without him.
I think it would sound less like a grab if Wizards was putting out something with his name on it, or at least have it for 5e. I get his history in the game and think that a book with all the big names would be cool. I would like to think it would be the same if say, Monte Cook put out something for his Cypher System and said it is for the 50th.

havard

Adventurer
I think it would sound less like a grab if Wizards was putting out something with his name on it, or at least have it for 5e. I get his history in the game and think that a book with all the big names would be cool.

A WotC produced book with homage to many of the early creators would be cool. Sadly, WotC hasn't show much interest in that, although the History book will be interesting.

I would like to think it would be the same if say, Monte Cook put out something for his Cypher System and said it is for the 50th.

Certainly this year marks the 50th anniversary of modern roleplaying games, not just D&D.

However, I disagree that your example would be the same.

Blackmoor and Dave Arneson are intrinsically connected to the origins and history of D&D in the way that Monte Cook / Cypher are not (no disrespect, they are great).

I hope to see a lot of Dave Arneson commemoration this year, just like how friends and family of Gary are arranging conventions and reprinting books to honor the D&D other creator.

-Havard

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
A WotC produced book with homage to many of the early creators would be cool. Sadly, WotC hasn't show much interest in that, although the History book will be interesting.
They're 50/50 on these so far. Art & Arcana was fabulous. Lore & Legends I'll be selling once I finish reading it, due to the editing issues, factual errors and the weird decision to reprint some of the art pieces in tiny, tiny sizes in what's supposed to be a big coffee table full of art.

I'm excited about the OD&D book, as I was for Lore & Legends, but will definitely be waiting for reviews before dropping down my it-costs-how-much dollars.

Remove ads