Introduction to Israeli Theory

I'm sorry to rain a little bit on your thread, but that blog really didn't impress me. There is not the least engagement with "story now" play which has been a thing in practice since some time in the 1990s (Over the Edge and Maelstrom Storytelling are two early entrants in the field) and has been a theorised thing since some time in the early 2000s.
No offense taken; the articles aren't mine and I've had mixed thoughts on the series myself. Just wanted to share as I didn't see any discussion of them here.

"What do the players do" has been the number one question around forever, whenever you look at a new rpg. Annoys the heck out of me when a deeply described setting doesn't come with a starter adventure.

Aldarc

Legend
So far, two articles in the series have been published: Your Character Does Not Exist by Haggai Elkayam Shalem, which makes the claim that “the most important question in a roleplaying game is, what do the players do?”; and Everyone is a GM by Michael Gorodin, which talks about the concept of how both GM and players can guide the flow of play not just through IC actions but through OOC social cues and body language, both intentionally and inadvertently.
Bold, emphasis mine.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases