(IRR) 1st Rokugan IR Discussion Thread

Tokiwong

First Post
As far as returning it won't be full return till July... around the 7th or so... I will have intermittent access but not as much as I would like to facilitate running such a huge game...

Serpenteye

First Post
Samanosuke Akechi said:
Reminder: Nobody has claimed anything yet. Just thought you should all know that. With me leaving and Tokiwong leaving soon enough, it would fall on someone else to track claims. Tell me we have 10 players and I will start the claims. Off memory we have:

Anabstercorian, Black Omega, Creamsteak, Lichtenheart, The Forsaken One, 'o Skoteines, Venus, Sollir, and NiTessine...

So we need one more and I will start tracking claims. I'll delegate authority on that to someone else when we get to that point that I have to leave. We will start playing when I get back, maybe not till Toki gets back. I don't know which one of us will get back first...

I'll play.

I know nothing about Rokugan, but I knew little of greyhawk before the third IR. I might make a fool of myself a few times in the beginning, but I'll learn, surely there's some information to be found on the internet.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Basically Rokugan is culturally like Japan during the Samurai period. Honor is very important. Samurai rule.

For more information check out the Miya Archives.

The links on the left work, the buttons don't. The Gaijin's guide under the Early Rokugan link is a decent place to start. The Four Winds contains the most recent informations. It's for the CCG but it's all the same people.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
An excerpt from my History textbook regarding the introduction of firearms to Japan:

A Daimyo lord describes how to use a firearm

"...The explosion is like lightning and the report like thunder. Bystanders must cover their ears. This thing, with one blow, can smash a mountain of silver and a wall of iron. If one sought to do mischief in another man's domain and he was touched by it, he would lose his life instantly... Lord Tokitake saw it and thought it was the wonder of wonders. He did not know its name at first nor the details of its use. Then someone called it "iron-arms...."
Disregarding the high price of the arms, Tokitaka purchased from the aliens two pieces of the firearms for his family treasure. As for the art of grinding, sifting, and mixing of the powder, Tokitaka let his retainer learn it. Tokitaka occupied himself, morning and night, and without rest in handling the arms. As a result he was able to convert the misses of his early experiments in to hits - A hundred hits in a hundred attempts."

Alright... I havn't been saying much over the weekend, so this is just a bump. I am leaving next tuesday, thats the final resolution of my travel plans. I expect to be back on the 4th of July. If you guys want to recruit people or anything, go ahead. When I get back on the fourth we can start getting active again...

Remove ads