Gate Pass Gazette Issue #24 needs you to make a Wisdom saving throw

Savannah Broadway

Managing the Gate Pass Gazette
1707351214602.png

The latest issue of the Gate Pass Gazette, the official magazine of Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition, has arrived! You can check it out on Patreon here.

Have you checked out the Kickstarter for this year's Gate Pass Gazette Annual? Time is running out, so click here to learn more!

Nature’s Reflections: Druid Archetypes of the Mirror Planes

What happens when Druidic study extends beyond the realm of the material world and delves into the nature of the mirrorplane dimensions? This article presents the abilities of druids that have steeped themselves in the magic of the Dreaming and the Bleak Gate. By Anthony Alipio.

Humble Beginnings: Backgrounds From the Lower Classes

Not all heroes come from grandiose or famed backgrounds, or even from comfortable ones. This article details the backgrounds of some of those who started lower on the social ladder, many of whom had to fight for everything they have. By Tyler Omichinski.

Ingenious Synergy Feats

What character couldn’t be improved by a touch of genius? This article presents the first official synergy feats for the artificer and savant classes, from Gate Pass Gazette #0 and Adventures in ZEITGEIST respectively, allowing an even more diverse cast of characters to benefit from their prodigious intellects! By Clarke Peterson.

Tangle of Bridges: The Trollkin

Before there were bridges and rhymes about billygoats, the trolls hid under rock and hill, quietly waiting for their dinners to wander by. When humans and dwarves and other builders came, they brought with them bridges and crossroads and so many wonderful places to wait and snatch a meal. But as time passed and troll hunters worked their craft, it became not just the biggest trolls who stayed alive and fed, but the cleverest. For many, trading treasures or even working was far more reliable for getting fed than snatching travelers. As mutable as trolls are, it didn’t take all that long for a new form to develop. Thus, the trollkin were born. By Andrew Engelbrite.

Art by Rafael Benjamin

Tablite

Explorer
(Cross posting my comment from Patreon because I don't know the best place to put it)
Hey all, loving the new zine, especially the backgrounds and the Blinkwitch. Free teleportation that you can then use for invisibility? Awesome.

I noticed a few typos in the druid subclasses I figured I'd mention:
  • Blink Bond (pg 19) begins with "also" though it's the first feature
  • Fey Familiarity (19) says you gain an expertise die if you're already proficient in the skills twice.
  • Umbral Call (21) says "to choose a creature into an unoccupied space..." I'm assuming "choose" is supposed to be "summon"

Also, it was mentioned on GPG #23 that the Dire Sparrow has features from the Dire Mole instead of its own. Has that had an update yet that I've missed?

Savannah Broadway

Managing the Gate Pass Gazette
(Cross posting my comment from Patreon because I don't know the best place to put it)
Hey all, loving the new zine, especially the backgrounds and the Blinkwitch. Free teleportation that you can then use for invisibility? Awesome.

I noticed a few typos in the druid subclasses I figured I'd mention:
  • Blink Bond (pg 19) begins with "also" though it's the first feature
  • Fey Familiarity (19) says you gain an expertise die if you're already proficient in the skills twice.
  • Umbral Call (21) says "to choose a creature into an unoccupied space..." I'm assuming "choose" is supposed to be "summon"

Also, it was mentioned on GPG #23 that the Dire Sparrow has features from the Dire Mole instead of its own. Has that had an update yet that I've missed?
Much appreciated! Also, re: GPG 23, I'll double check the files when I'm less under the weather. I know there was a miscommunication with layout, so there was a change made, but not fully corrected.

Remove ads