• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's An Ioun Bludger!

Theron

Explorer
So, last night, our group played in one of the alternate campaigns we have running, an urban adventure with distinctly criminal overtones. Along the way, we managed to finally inventory some magic we'd picked up along the way. One such item was a fist-sized ball of lead that gave off a moderate magical aura. As a joke, I said, "It's a Lead Ioun Stone."

One Identify later, it turns out I was basically right. It is lead, and it does work like an Ioun Stone. It orbits the character's head and attempts to bludgeon the heck out of any adjacent target he designates.

Considering my PC (a dedicated grappler) ended up with it, it's just about the perfect accessory. Though I can't help but imagine it makes a disturbing whoosh as it orbits...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Theron said:
Though I can't help but imagine it makes a disturbing whoosh as it orbits...
Maybe, but the 'thud' it makes when smacking into an enemy has got to be satisfying.

Theron

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Maybe, but the 'thud' it makes when smacking into an enemy has got to be satisfying.

Yeah. I can't wait to try it out. Last night was a distinctively non-combat caper, though we did manage to get a demon drunk.

Malhavoc's When the Sky Falls has a few meterite spells that basically do this. I have a number of magic items that my players use for the same effect (both offensive and defensive).

skippy
GM of The Cursed Earth Campaign

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I'm very tired. I saw the thread title and thought it said "ioun badger." I don't think I'd want one of THOSE orbiting my head!

Remove ads