WotBS Jiese and the dragon spirits

Lylandra

Adventurer
As I'm pretty sure we'll get to Time in adventure 12 in our next session, I asked myself about the connection of Jiese, his echo (Time) and the dragon/draconic spirit in the Toteth Topec tale.

More specifically: Is the dragon spirit who vowed to defend the mountain of Toteth's sacrifice Time?

Background is that my players wanted to do and did some research on the Pyromancer who's buried beneath Seaquen and I decided that this guy was actually the Pyromancer who accompanied Toteth on his journey.

Which also meant that the legend of Toteth Topec had some truth in it. So there truly was this geomancer who sacrificed himself to heal the world some millennia ago who as accompanied by three other elemental mages (yeah, they each got their respective graves and rings and now I'm facing Captain Planet jokes every now and then).

So I know one of my players is definitely going to talk to Time. And I'd need to know if Time would know about Toteth.

Tormyr

Adventurer
As I'm pretty sure we'll get to Time in adventure 12 in our next session, I asked myself about the connection of Jiese, his echo (Time) and the dragon/draconic spirit in the Toteth Topec tale.

More specifically: Is the dragon spirit who vowed to defend the mountain of Toteth's sacrifice Time?

Background is that my players wanted to do and did some research on the Pyromancer who's buried beneath Seaquen and I decided that this guy was actually the Pyromancer who accompanied Toteth on his journey.

Which also meant that the legend of Toteth Topec had some truth in it. So there truly was this geomancer who sacrificed himself to heal the world some millennia ago who as accompanied by three other elemental mages (yeah, they each got their respective graves and rings and now I'm facing Captain Planet jokes every now and then).

So I know one of my players is definitely going to talk to Time. And I'd need to know if Time would know about Toteth.

Hm, I think I am going to keep this in my back pocket in case one of my players decides to do the same.

As a fun aside, one of my players is playing a hexblade warlock. She used the variant human race and took the Lucky class...

[spoilers][sblock]
I made Time her mysterious patron and describe every use of the lucky feat as time slowing down for her to realign her action to get a better result. She has had visions from Time about "healing the land" (Innenotdar and later) and "righting my wrongs."

The player also wants to adopt every creature we come across (Kiki the dire weasel, the celestial badgers, etc.). She is going to really want Takasi, and she is chaotic good, but I am going to have Takasi tell her that if she wants to summon him after he falls in battle that she will need to be a Paladin (for the find steed spell). I think I am going to need to put together an Oath of the Aquiline Cross subclass.
[/sblock][/spoilers]

Lylandra

Adventurer
that's cool! I gave that part to Syana (who ultimately wanted to find a way to revive Avilona, the Stornchaser Eagle).

For the oath of the Aquiline: go for it! Or maybe make it an "Oath of Healing". I'm honestly surprised that there isn't one of the latter out there yet.

Remove ads