• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 jump in 3.5

Tellerve

I am about to start in a campaign with a monk/psionic warrior and had thought about getting him a Ring of Jumping. However, we will be moving to 3.5 once it comes out and noticed that they said they have changed the jump mechanics and also said rings of jumping will go down to +5. So, can anyone give me more insight as to the mechanic changes?

I wanted him to jump around a la Croutching Tiger Hidden Dragon but I'm thinking that might not be happening in 3.5

Tellerve

DanMcS

Explorer
I imagine they'll be using the DC chart from d20 modern. You can find it in the modern srd. Basically, instead of running jump = 5 feet + your roll -10, they give you DCs. So to running jump 10 feet, DC 15. It's the way we've been doing it in our heads anyway. :)

The monk should work out the same, jumping wise.

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Tellerve said:
I wanted him to jump around a la Croutching Tiger Hidden Dragon but I'm thinking that might not be happening in 3.5

What you need are those feats: speed of thought, psionic charge, up the walls and mental leap(PsH). Take speed of thought and mental leap at least twice.

With a base movement of 30' and enough psi points, you'll be moving at 50' and increase your jump distance 5 times (50/30*3)

Up the walls will allow you to move on vertical surfaces

I would of course maximize run and tumble, if they still exist in 3.5

Here's your crouching tiger jumper :)

Negative Zero

First Post
Rel said:
I'm also curious as to how they rule this because my Halfling Rogue just dropped some cash on a Ring of Jumping. ...

well i hate to bust your bubble, but in the current Dragon, the response/suggestion to this is simply: buyer beware. you made a bad purchase, live with it.

~NegZ

Tellerve

i really don't like those psionic feats for one, and two I just can't take them as I have used my feats to qualify for the martial arts styles in OA, and got some nice synergy bonuses.

Ok, I have modern d20 and just haven't even looked at its jump.

Thanks,

Tellerve

Remove ads