Kathor of the Black Horse

Daern

Explorer
Well, the party interrogated Kathor and decided they would use his writ of diplomatic immunity to get them out of the city. They have let Kathor go while holding on to evidence of his treason against Gate Pass. They will meet him at the Mannish Inn and then go south. I have decided that Kathor, conflicted as he is, will honor this commitment.
I'm thinking this will be similar to the "Captain Herreman" scenario for leaving the city, but I was thinking there could be interesting complications. Perhaps the guard and the south gate does not want to honor the writ now that a seige is beginning (skill challenge?) Perhaps there are spies at the gate. What do the Black Horse do? Does Kathor fight them? Or does he bail out? Where does he go next?
Any thoughts?

sfedi

First Post
Well, the party interrogated Kathor and decided they would use his writ of diplomatic immunity to get them out of the city.
It doesn't seem that this document is transferable.
In particular, this document allows him only to exit the city, not whomeever he brings along.

They have let Kathor go while holding on to evidence of his treason against Gate Pass. They will meet him at the Mannish Inn and then go south. I have decided that Kathor, conflicted as he is, will honor this commitment.
That fits his personality.

I'm thinking this will be similar to the "Captain Herreman" scenario for leaving the city, but I was thinking there could be interesting complications.
The adventure encourages you to allow the PCs other ways to get out of the city. So this seems fine.

Note that Kathor should appear in a later encounter.
Although you can easily replace him with another equivalent combatant.

Perhaps the guard and the south gate does not want to honor the writ now that a seige is beginning (skill challenge?) Perhaps there are spies at the gate. What do the Black Horse do? Does Kathor fight them? Or does he bail out? Where does he go next?
Any thoughts?
I don't know if it's necessary to complicate things more.

Maybe if you need to give more XP.

Note that by not talking to Erdran Menash they are missing some loot and the Dianoem. So you should find a way to give those items to the party.

Remove ads