D&D 5E Koboa, 3rd Party Setting Spotlighted at DnDBeyond

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yeah, I own the Legendary Games books and backed Koboa. As far as i can tell, Boricubos is much more tightly Caribbean focused, while Koboa draws influences from a broader South American geographical area. And then there's Heroes of Mythic Americas, which is even more geographically ambitious and covers Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Inuit, Plains peoples, etc etc as well.
Oh. I hadn’t heard of that one. Thanks.

So what happened to the Larensians that built settlements? Like okay the Larensians government is gone, but did the entire people just pick up and leave or did they get assimilated, killed off, conquerored? Are their folks of mixed Larensians heritage, does anything remain if their traditions and culture?

latinerd

Villager
Hi, project lead here. For the most part they're still there. You can read about the 5 territories in our sample PDF, but the summary is that Larensians that fought against the empire were mostly clustered in the territory now known as Gran Marcelia, while the loyalist army was pushed back to the Larensian colony of Nueva Vardia, which post Liberation Wars became its own nation.
People of mixed heritage are very common in both those territories

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Hi, project lead here. For the most part they're still there. You can read about the 5 territories in our sample PDF, but the summary is that Larensians that fought against the empire were mostly clustered in the territory now known as Gran Marcelia, while the loyalist army was pushed back to the Larensian colony of Nueva Vardia, which post Liberation Wars became its own nation.
People of mixed heritage are very common in both those territories
Love the vibe of this. Thank you for making it. Can’t wait to see the release and what you come up with next.

WyrmworksDale

InclusiveRPG.com
I'm really happy to see this. I don't think this implies that it'll end up appearing on DDB. More like the author, Alyssa Visscher, cares about authentic representation and talked DDB into the article. They've been more open to plugging 3rd party stuff to get some goodwill back post-OGL, and this was a great way to do it.

And it's nice to see such a clever and creative project get a spotlight.

But wow, the comments there get rough quickly.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
At ddb?

That’s terrible! I thought they turned them off.
Some posts have comments turned off, but in general it is possible to comment on them Here, it seems that the mods have done some cleaning up, because at least one post is gone (but still appears in a quote).

Any information about the invaders? I was thinking about to create my own version. In my game the Lepunians (the name of their nation means "lands of rabbits") really tried to be good guys, building churchs, schools, orphanages... then what happened, how did they become the "evil empire"? Really it was not their fault, but the aliens, the vespians, wasp-like mind-controllers from the outer space. They arrived to the planet and infected natives with a very poor faith. Then these posseded victims created Lovecraftian cults, and later secret lodges (the main one is the "scarlet buckler"). Moving up the social ladder and creating a create a network of bribes and blackmail, spreading misery and decay to weaken all rivals or possible rebel forces. In the end they established a cryptocracy, a secret goverment where the crown and the noble houses were only "figureheads" carrying out their orders. The weak point of the vespians is the divine magic, and they suffered a lot by the "hunt" of the inquisition. Thanks this the total control of the Lepunian empire has been delayed for centuries.

Remove ads