D&D General Linguistic disease as a possible driving plot

Anyone watch ponty pool before?

How could this general idea be turned into a lengthy campaign?

Im thinking possibly this could be a potential reason why Io allowed Vecna to become elevated as a deity. A necessary evil to protect against something like this. A god of secrets seems relevant to such a task.

A different god of secrets also would do the trick potentially.

But im interested in exploring overall the potential of this sort of plot.

the Jester

Legend
Well, Io is Forgotten Realms and Vecna is Greyhawk, so I wouldn't say that Io had any say in Vecna's ascension.

Having not watched Ponty Pool, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but I've read Snow Crash, which uses linguistic hacking as a major plot element. Is it anything like that? Or is it something that attacks your ability to use language? I'm curious to know more.

Well, Io is Forgotten Realms and Vecna is Greyhawk, so I wouldn't say that Io had any say in Vecna's ascension.

Having not watched Ponty Pool, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but I've read Snow Crash, which uses linguistic hacking as a major plot element. Is it anything like that? Or is it something that attacks your ability to use language? I'm curious to know more.
Ascension, no. But elevation in realmspace on the other hand actually did happen if i remember correctly. I think he gained some ranks in realmsapce with approval. (There are multiple times vecna has gained and lost differing amounta of divine rank in differing places. Hes like divine cancer. He presents, then he goes into remission, then represents, and occasionally metastasizes to other crystal spheres.)

Or maybe im thinking of an occurance with Ao. It has been a long time. He does have ranks in forgotten realms though. That much i remember for sure.

Remove ads