Links in reviews?

sverrebm

First Post
The review post form asks us to link to an external review through the external review field, not in the text itself. That makes it really hard to find.Is it acceptable to link to my external review in the text as well as in the proper field, or is that a complete no-no?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The reason for the field is that the system uses it as a unique entity to populate the critics list, know to put those green arrows around, calculate critical aggregate scores, link to external reviews separately from the product page, and stuff like that. Without that field, it doesn't know you're an external reviewer.

The issue with putting links in the actual review is that the text box doesn't format anything, and I really don't want to turn the comments system there into an unholy mess of long ugly URLs. Nobody will read that! What I don't mind is if you edit your review afterwards and format it and put the link in tidily (i.e. hyperlink a word, rather than pasting the raw URL into the review).

What I'm trying to avoid, basically, is unreadability.

That said, I'm working on a tidy way for the system to display the review link in the review itself. I have to learn how to do it first, though... I'm a slow learner!

Remove ads