• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a story hour

Decamber

First Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil-story hour, easy for newbie-DMs to read and understand, meaning it's low on big changes and such.

Edit: I'd prefer a complete story hour.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
I would suggest that you check out (contact)'s Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. It's a classic and still one of the greatest story hours out there.

A word of caution, however. The original thread was lost to one of the earlier board changes, so the link above leads to an archive at WSmith's site.

Also, when you finish that one, the story continues with The Liberation of Tenh.

Oh, one more thing...

The Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil in (contact)'s story is not Monte Cook's. They did their own home version long before Monte Cook's version was even announced.

Last edited:

Decamber

First Post
I'll print out Doc M's story hour and read it! Btw, Doc - are you aware of that the font's link on the webpage is broken?

Thanks for the tips!

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Nifty-keen, Decamber... Don't worry about that font thing. I need to "sweep up" a lot of little things like that someday.

The RttToEE storyline doesn't begin until around Session 8, but you'll be missing a lot of backstory if you start there.
I hope you enjoy it- let me know if you do!

Decamber

First Post
Doc, I'll read from the beginning. By now, I'm almost through session one, and I'm not just ass-licking when I say it's already exciting! :D

Remove ads