D&D 3E/3.5 Looking for some sorta obscure books / rules

OK I've been gathering some rules to convert (or just port) to pathfinder and I have 2 I remember reading but cannot for the life of me remember what books. These may have been really early Pathfinder, but I'm pretty sure they are both D&D 3rd, 3PP.

The first has rules for casting magic with True Draconic - what I recall, there is a feat or two, you spend skill points on the language, and it gives you ways to do extra things with your spells... and based on vague layout memories, this was from a Mongoose book back then, but am not sure.

The other was a way to do two things (I may be merging them and / or one part may be homebrew)
The first part was that when you apply metamagic to a spell, it doesn't raise the slot to cast it in, but you have to be capable of casting a spell of that level, but it only take the normal level of the spell to cast. There was also a matrix of some sort about getting metamagic by another way than feats, and you could sort of swap your metamagic abilities like your spells for the day - so if you were heading to someone with creatures weak to fire, you could add energy admixture to your list, but next day you could put silent as your one for the day.

Any help would be appreciated

glass

(he, him)
Found the second - Ars Metamagica for Pathfinder.
The first part of the second part is reminscent of Sudden Metamagic feats from Complete Arcane. Although of course they are not third-party (and IIRC they are not limited to things you could metamagic anyway).

_
glass.

Remove ads