• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lords of Madness is here!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Beyond the Grave said:
are the psurlons just errata'd from MM2 or are there actually some changes made?

They are quite different. Beyond what Demiurge stated, they also have much more flavor text, and their psionics (spell-like abilities) are radically different. They also get a bonus on Escape Artist checks now.

Beyond the Grave

First Post
Thanks.

Shoot. I hate having to pic up a book just for three creatures. Seems like such a waste. Oh well. My brother likes Aberations a lot, maybe i can get him to split the cost with me...

Knight Otu

First Post
Does the book include the beholder armor that they can strap underneath themselves so that they look like knights with oversized heads? :lol: It was a ... quite... interesting item in I, Tyrant.:lol:

DMH

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Does the book include the beholder armor that they can strap underneath themselves so that they look like knights with oversized heads? :lol: It was a ... quite... interesting item in I, Tyrant.:lol:

That was originally from Labyrinth of Madness- TSR's 20th anniversary adventure for 15th+ level parties. It has an alternate version of Yuan-ti and that beholder armor.

As for LOM, I think 2 out of the 3 new creatures are stupid- the dog with tentacles for a mane (give it a body of something not of Earth and then it will be better) and the zeugalak has no history or story or reason to exist at all. It is like a (movie) Dune worm given legs and set in tropical mountains?!?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that armor, as far as i can see, is not in LoM. however, mention is made that a beholder can wear a helmet, if it is sized to fit its whole body. :D

Beyond the Grave said:
Shoot. I hate having to pic up a book just for three creatures. Seems like such a waste. Oh well. My brother likes Aberations a lot, maybe i can get him to split the cost with me...

don't buy it just to get an update on psurlons - there are many more, better reasons to get it. :)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I actually kind of like the zeugalak. I see them as a beast of terror and reverence for jungle tribes, about the "lightning wurm" that lives in the mountains beyond and arrives mysteriously during electrical storms to kill. Maybe they live in the Far Realm, and are attracted to the Prime by large discharges of electrical energy.

But yeah, the hound of doom's more like a magical beast, and not a very cool one at that.

Demiurge out.

Gez

First Post
BOZ said:
that armor, as far as i can see, is not in LoM. however, mention is made that a beholder can wear a helmet, if it is sized to fit its whole body. :D

Then they look like that:
heretic-bestiary_ironlich.gif

Remove ads