Luther is back!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
After 3 years(?) Luther can back for a 4-episode series showing each night this week. Ep 3 is tonight.

I’m liking it a lot more than the last series. Feels back to the grittiness of the first couple. Plus Idris Elba is pretty awesome.

Anyone watching?

[video=youtube_share;zltvWcctE6g]https://youtu.be/zltvWcctE6g[/video]

Jhaelen

First Post
Nope. I hated the first season (stopped watching after 2-3 episodes). Totally contrived cases and especially the supposedly clever but actually utterly dumb methods of solving cases. Idris Elba may be a great actor but that's not enough to carry a show with a bad script.

Derren

Hero
Maybe I will watch it when I am through my list on Netflix.

To be honest, when I first read that they are doing a series about Luther I was very enthusiastic. "A series about Martin Luther the reformer can be really interesting. And this is an episode of history that doesn't get much attention".
Then I found out it was about the other Luther.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow. Well, that's the series over on a bombshell. I don't know if permanently (Elba is a busy man, and it's a 3 year gap since the last series of Luther).

Of the two plots, I liked the gangster plot more than the serial killer plot.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Well I enjoyed it as a whole but didn’t like the ending that was telegraphed quite early ...

Idris has said he’d be interested in more Luther but I think he’s still pushing for a film!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases