Lycantrophes, Polymorph Self and Healing

Thanee

First Post
The template refers to Polymorph Self as the transformation is similar, but it doesn't say anything specific.

Bye
Thanee

FANGO

First Post
This question is answered rather easily by reading the description:

"Upon assuming either form, the lycanthrope regains
hit points as if having rested for a day."

So I think they probably do, but I dunno....anyone else have an opinion?

;-)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
FANGO said:
This question is answered rather easily by reading the description:

"Upon assuming either form, the lycanthrope regains
hit points as if having rested for a day."

So I think they probably do, but I dunno....anyone else have an opinion?

;-)

I think they do. First in DnD HP generally takes the place of wounds so regaining HP means healing.

Its also got 'historic' precedents - ie in rl myth Werewolves heal upon transformation (although severed limbs remain severed)

FANGO

First Post
Er, yeah...with the last comment I was kinda being sarcastic, since like 3 people had gotten it wrong when just reading the section would give the answer ;-)

But I suppose sarcasm doesn't translate too well in a messageboard....ah well.

Thanee

First Post
*LOL*

I must have missed that passage... Doh!

Is there any limit to the healing possible this way, then? I think someone mentioned that, in another thread.

Bye
Thanee

FANGO

First Post
Nope, no limit. Pretty much all creatures with natural alternate form abilities can do this, so it's pretty cool for them. And it's extra cool for Forsaker werewolves who can't get healing spells cast on them ;-)

Carnifex

First Post
Fair enough. I must admit that I hadn't looked at the werewolf template for a while, hence I pointed out that they healed if it said so in the text. I was of course wrong in my supposition that it *didn't* do so. :)

I actually use a modified version of the werewolf for my own campaign, since they have slightly different origins and background to the conventional werewolf. This means lots of things are different about them - but they still are surrounded by the saem myths and legends, which means that the PC's are sometimes really thrown by the truth of the matter ;)

Voadam

Legend
Same with a cloak of the bat as written, change as many times as you want in an hour and get healing every time you change. I never thought the polymorph healing was particularly appropriate but it is part of the game as written.

Remove ads