This set consists of 1127 cards in total, including the powers from classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, feats and races (from the PHB and the MM, as well as Dragon issues 364 through 367), as well as blank cards to fill in for the different item types (though you can also use the template to make finished cards for different items).
By popular demand, I have included things like second wind, power attack and various class features. I'd rather not muddy the waters like that (for example, second wind isn't supposed to interact like that with effects that recharge encounter powers) and further increase each player's hand size, but the information is there on cards now for those of you who want it.
Also contained in the set are swordmage powers from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, and the barbarian powers from Dragon 368.
If you're using a template based on Randolph's "D&D" game file, you can probabably still use the set, but you will have to reenter some of the information.
There is also a separate set (contained in bard_n_druid.rar) that includes the powers for saric's bard
and malcolm_n's druid
. I've made a few cosmetic changes to them ('1 [w]+...' to '1[W] +...', etc. , but that's as far as my editting went (except for a few isolated cases like the bard's Mind Fog power, which was missing a target line and listed the targets in the attack line).
The template should work properly with MSE
versions 3.0.6 and 3.0.7, and includes a style option for completely bland (or more printer-friendly, if you will) and not quite so bland cards (see attached samples). Comes with its own MSE game file.
Installing the Template
In case you are unfamiliar with MSE and aren't sure how to load a set, here are some short instructions to point you in the right direction.
- Download and install MSE version 0.3.6.
- Put everything from 'mse-template-Ander.rar' into the 'data' directory of the MSE installation.
- Extract and open the 'core_complete.mse-set' contained in 'core_complete_set.rar'.
If you have never dealt with .rar archives before, you may need to get WinRar
or some other compression tool that supports .rar files.
If you have previously used MSE, you might have to delete the 'mse8.config' file found in your '...Application Data/Magic Set Editor' directory.
If you have problems with MSE itself, you might have to download the Windows 9x fix
, even if you are using Windows XP.
Power Card PDFs
If you are so inclinded, you can download the whole set in PDF form
I'd still advise you to use the MSE option because you can easily make your own corrections as needed, add your own cards, and specify exactly which cards you want to print. But if, for some reason, you cannot get MSE to work, maybe you can get some use out of these PDFs.
With the 30/06/08 update, these cards are out of date. There are PDFs further down the thread, at least to the point of the 05/07/08 update.
Browsing the Set
You'll probably find browsing the set most comfortable sorting by the 'Power Class/Type/Level' column. The 'source' column might be hidden by default. If that is the case and you want to have it shown, you can activate it in the menu under 'Cards->Card List Columns...'.
Printing the Cards
MSE assumes a paper size of A4. There are some tips on getting it to work properly for other sizes further down the thread.
Edit (07/06/08): fixed a few errors in the set.
Edit (08/06/08): corrected erroneous information about compatibility.
Edit (09/06/08): a few more fixes to the set; also added the warforged DDI material.
Edit (14/06/08): corrected a few more errors and incorporated the PHB errata.
Edit (14/06/08 #2): another small fix to the set; added short installation instructions.
Edit (14/06/08 #3): added link to the power cards as PDFs.
Edit (18/06/08): changed PDF link to an up-to-date versions (thanks to Colawley).
- More fixes: Added the missing Shadow Veil and Bolstering Strike Powers. Fixed errors in Frontline Surge, Deadly Payback, Raven's Glamour, and Hurl through Hell.
- Added powers for saric's bard.
- Added powers for malcolm_n's druid.
- Added powers for the swordmage.
- Added wizard illusion powers from dragon 364.
- Added warlord pack master powers from dragon 364.
- Populated the cards' 'source' field.
- Added powers for class features, second wind, and power attack.
- Fixed a few errors (mostly cosmetic, with the most glaring ones being a wrong icon for the Nimble Strike exploit, and removal of the 'DRUID' placeholder card).
- Incorporated errata for the powers from Dragon #364 (please let me know if I missed any).
- Added powers for the artificer playtest from Dragon #365.
- Added the remaining powers from Dragon up to issue 366.
- Added swordmage powers from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.
- Incorporated the latest errata to the core powers.
- A few more error corrections.
- Added the powers from Dragon 367.
- Added the barbarian powers from Dragon 368.
- Moved the fan-made bard and druid to their own set.
- A few more error corrections.