MegaCredits and their value

Nimmo

First Post
I've just been having a quick look over a few bits and pieces before work this morning and stumbled across something that I wanted to check up on.

I notice that on the starship thread this statement appears: Remember an MCr. is a megacredit - 1,000 credits.
Which made me think, hmm, normally when I see Mega, I think million (1,000,000) and when I see 1,000 I think Kilo, but I figured Megacredit does sound quite cool so I went with it, but then I also spotted that on page 135 of the N.E.W. rules there is the following paragraph:
In N.E.W. The Roleplaying Game, the standard unit of currency is the Credit. Large purchases (starships and the like) are sometimes priced in Megacredits (MCr), each of which is equal to one million credits.

Otherwise I can't wait to get a gaming group organised to have a few firefights and space ship battle sessions together once the new playtesting documents are released after the Kickstarter campaign closes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah stick with the metric wording, for real. Kilocredit. tehe.

Hah! Heah, Kilocredit does sound awful!

The correct value is 1,000,000 credits as default. However, campaign settings can (and probably will) vary that. It's used for starships pretty much exclusively, and for that reason you can make starships cheaper or more expensive by turning the MCr dial. I intend to include a few basic options for that. But it'll still be simply referred to as MCr.

Nimmo

First Post
Thanks for that. I will be building some Spaceships over the next couple of evenings and will feed back with what I find there. I currently have a boarding party leader and a pilot, just got to get the captain, head of security and weapons officer first though.

Remove ads