Michigan, Brighton | 5th Edition D&D Campaign, New Players Welcome!

DrNilesCrane

First Post
I’m starting a new 5th edition D&D weekly campaign to kick the tires on the new system and meet new players, whether grizzled veterans or folks new to gaming who are interested in seeing what it’s all about! If you haven't played before or haven't played in awhile, this is a great place to start!

I will be running a campaign dedicated to role-playing and building a narrative with you that’s as compelling as a good (hopefully great) book or movie focused on you and your companions. If you love to dive into what makes your character tick, your character’s history and goals (and are excited when they become integral to the game), and might even bring a bit of acting (accents welcome) or even a prop (“Relgar’s favorite pipe!”), then this is definitely for you! (Just don’t light that pipe: there’s no smoking in my casa!).

There will be dice rolling and definitely fast-paced, heart racing heroics, but this will not be a hack-n’-slash, let’s clear the dungeon campaign. Players can expect to investigate mysteries (an unusual one will kick off the campaign), face moral dilemmas and hard choices, solve challenges through role-playing and creative thinking, and hopefully succeed but perhaps failing on occasion as well. (Those dice can be capricious beasts at times, after all). Players at this table will be the type that looks for opportunities to share their character’s spotlight, support and develop each other’s stories, and whose characters cooperate to make their world a better place. How that plays out will be the story we collaboratively create throughout the campaign and it’s my responsibility to provide the ingredients in our adventures to make that an amazing one. I've run games for 20+ years and strive for quick-paced games with depth; I save the dice rolling for what matters and create experiences relevant to the characters (and their players).

My goal is to bring together like-minded players in an inviting, relaxed atmosphere on a weekly basis (with occasional exception given how real life schedules can intrude). Prior gaming experience (if any) is not important to me, but meeting players who want to see each other succeed and are fun to spend an evening a week around the table with is very important. I’ll select which day based on the best for the group and we’ll stick to it from there. Players should be 18+ and we’ll meet in downtown Brighton at my house, which is the domain of a couple of cats (FYI in case of allergies) but no kids (swear away!).

If you’re interested, contact me at markjs@thirteen10.com and feel free to include any questions. Before kicking off the campaign, I will meet face to face with potential players first to learn a bit about who you are and talk about our respective gaming goals, and to make sure y'all ain't too crazy! :)

Thanks!
Mark

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases