Release Mirrored Mountain is Live (Endless Quest Conversion)

Sacrosanct

Legend
Exciting news! Today we can release The Mirrored Mountain!
This adventure is a conversion of the popular Endless Quest book from the early 1980s, Mountain of Mirrors. Some things have changed, naturally, and areas have been added to help flesh it out to better fit an adventure format.
In true homage to the original story, I worked with Rose Estes directly on this project and got her blessing. I also hired Brian "Glad" Thomas to do the interior art. Brian's art does a great job capturing the same old school feel of the original artis, Jim Holloway.

There is both an OSR version
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/.../The-Mirrored-Mountain...

And a 5e version
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/.../The-Mirrored-Mountain-5e

MOMosrcover web.jpg

IMG_0662 copy.jpg

MoM 1 1 copyweb.png

MoM_Large web.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Fantastic idea!

I've converted Warlock of Firetop Mountain to a one on one Shadowdark adventure (not for public distribution without major surgery, of course).

Do you plan more of these?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Fantastic idea!

I've converted Warlock of Firetop Mountain to a one on one Shadowdark adventure (not for public distribution without major surgery, of course).

Do you plan more of these?
It all depends on how much interest I get. It was a lot of work to try to layout and track all of the different paths, and clean up dead ends or figure out things that didn't quite match (this path leads to this room over on the west side of the map, but over here, another path leads to the same room but is on the right side of the map) lol
Modem.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah, one of the things that's striking about any of these solo adventures is how many of them clearly weren't mapped when they were first created some years ago.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Yeah, one of the things that's striking about any of these solo adventures is how many of them clearly weren't mapped when they were first created some years ago.
Rose did it all in her head. It's amazing how there weren't any major continuity issues there. When I showed her the final map (above), she was amazed lol. I guess she had never seen it visualized before. Admittedly I was hoping she did keep maps or outlines, because then I could have used those and saved myself a ton of time lol.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I guess it just goes to show how the mindset has changed over time. If I were given the job of creating a solo adventure book, I'd do it as a DM first, creating a map and filling out the encounter areas, and then build the book using that. Most of these authors approached it as a story first instead.

Remove ads