Moderators Setting the Tone for Discussions

In the thread of What’s so Great about Medieval Europe....the owner of En World made several comments referencing America in the first few pages.

I don’t think it is too far of a stretch to say posters here, will take their lead on what type of posts are acceptable, from the owner and moderators.

While I was clear that I support Morrus’ moderation action, clearly he objected to my pointing out that people follow his lead on what to post.

The posts I referenced were not some hours long deep dive, but right in the very start of the thread.

Morrus, as the owner of En World has the right to take the actions he deems appropriate.

While I will not state his action was petty; moderators, of course do not want to open their actions up to public debate as matter of efficient governance.
(I support this)

I do think, it has the appearance of pettiness.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There is a difference between discussing the impact of American culture on games and other media, and discussing American politics.

No, Morrus did not open the thread to political debate by bringing up the Americanisms of D&D.
Those of us who fell into the bad habit of arguing about American politics unnecessarily did that all on our own.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Morrus is the gov’nor lad, we’re in his house and follow his rules.

Creating a new thread to discuss the rules without talking to the Gov’nor first is unpleasant.

Remove ads