D&D General Monks of the Blue Ostrich

GameOgre

Adventurer
My friends and I like coming up with strange little funny ideas about the D&D world that are comical.

This was one of them.

The King awarded lands and prestige to the Order Of The Blue Ostrich. Not only were they given certain tax free advantages but also holdings all over the kingdom. In exchange these very fast monks set up a mail system. For a small fee they would traverse the lands at amazing speeds relaying the mail to another outpost who in turn would send in to another. In this way the Kingdoms mail system was incredibly fast and efficient.

Though in time bandits learned to ambush the Blue Birds

For the Kings 50th Birthday the Order gave him a special chariot pulled by several teams of monks that was even faster yet as magic was used to increase the monk runners speed and endurance. Eventually this armored wheeled vehicles wheels were increased to incredible size once the monks learned to use their ability to run to power it from within.

My friend also came up with a cruise ship wealthy waterdeep travelers could take, crewed by a wizard and charmed Kuo-Toa that would travel across the water and at the right location sink beneath the waves(Waterbreathing ect) to allow its guests to explore underwater shipwrecks and ruins. The ships cook was that intelligent Ooze from that one adventure.

Anyway. I'm not sure anyone would use any of this stuff but it was fun to think up. You guys got any?

Amongst the inner cloister, masters are taught the arts of Druid 2 - a sacred process of becoming a true blue ostrich (60 speed, as riding horse).

Remove ads