D&D 5E Monster Slayers of Vvarvendel

Trogdor1992

First Post
After resting for the night you awake to see there is now an Ogre standing near the mouth of the cave, but otherwise everything seems the same.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Thateous

Explorer
So surprise round on the ogre? I'll put arrows in his eye sockets if the pixie charges...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wait! Don't go after single one and let others prepare. Lets get him quick and silent like when we're all ready!

Seelia, lets approach him stealthily and move in when we're ready. With luck he will not raise an alarm and we'll just waltz in. Varus, could you leave your griffon to keep us safe from behind? The rest of you, join us when the ogre falls or raises an alarm. Varus, Alannon, you could help from distance once we make a move."

With that, Andor quickly equips himself and essentially disappears two steps into the foliage.
Stealth: 1D20+17 = [19]+17 = 36

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Varus did stand watch outside of the cave last night and only revealed himself once you guys approached.
"Talon is off on his own." Varus draws his bow from his quiver and notches an arrow before aiming at the lone ogre. His head follows the two invisible individuals until they are outside of 30 feet then he noticeably scoffs and returns his attention to the ogre.

Leif

Adventurer
Arcturus Rime, Elf Paladin 20

"Andor, I agree with your plan, but I am unable to make a stealthy approach. It is just not in my nature. Shall I just stride right up and have at the great, hairy oaf? Or would that gang aglie your carefully laid plans for each of us? I have not yet noted your specific plans for me in this affair."

Arcturus Rime -- Character Sheet

[sblock=Neurotic, etc.]It would help me greatly if you would put your character's name somewhere in each of your posts. This really applies to everyone, please?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wait! Don't go after single one and let others prepare. Lets get him quick and silent like when we're all ready!

Seelia, lets approach him stealthily and move in when we're ready. With luck he will not raise an alarm and we'll just waltz in. Varus, could you leave your griffon to keep us safe from behind?

The rest of you, join us when the ogre falls or raises an alarm. Varus, Alannon, you could help from distance once we make a move."

OOC: you're part of the rest :) I'm not trying to tell everyone what to do, nor could I do so. Thus, I'm trying to play Andor planning by spouting basic tactics, not trying to antagonize the paladin. As you said,Arcturus cannot approach stealthily and should wait until stealth is no longer needed. And we'll need him to stand once real fighting start and stealth types have to retreat.

TallIan

Explorer
Allanon, Warlock 20

"I much prefer subtlety and infiltration to frontal assault, but I rather think the Ogre us not open to a conversation. A stealthy approach will be best I think, I am more than happy to cover you from afar. Eolande's arrows can often avoid a conflict all together by putting the target to sleep, but against an oaf like the ogre, its no guarantee."

OOC: I would propose an opening shot from Eolande's bow, possibly putting the Ogre to sleep, then springing the sneak attack from Andor and Seelia. The backup, should they fail to surprise the ogre would be to simply loose all ranged weaponry at the ogre until the melee characters get there.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 162 HD: 20/20d8
AC: 18
Init: +3

Spell Attack: +14 Save DC: 22
Eldritch Blast: 4 x +14 1d10+5
Mace: +7 1d6+1B
Spell Slots: 4/4
Mystic Arcanum 6th: 1/1 7th:1/1 8th: 1/1 9th: 1/1

Potion of Invisibility: 2
Potion of Superior Healing: 3
Char Sheet