D&D 5E Musings on the likelihood of future products

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
A trend I've noticed, and I'm sure others have also noticed, is that the campaign settings books bring to prominence certain rules in the DMG, and then elaborate on them. For Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica it was the Renown rules, for the upcoming Mythic Odysseys of Theros it'll be Piety rules.
Hopefully other campaign setting releases will also focus on the other optional rules in the DMG, which'll then be elaborated on accordingly.
Perhaps forthcoming will be campaign settings that will focus on the Honor rules, and the Fear and Sanity rules, and so on.

We shouldn't bet Dragonlance as "serie B". If Dreamworks could produce a decent movie or serie the heroines of Dragonlance may become more popular than Disney princesses.

If they create special rules for fear and sanity/madness they will want to know the feedback. Maybe somebody would rather like sanity points from "Call of Chulth" but others like the one by "Unknown Armies".

Maybe you think Jakandor and Dark Sun are too different, but that is not totally true. Both have got a primal-punk lool style. I guess Jakandor could be used as a "guinea pig" to test the reaction by the public in a future adaptation of the DS franchise.

We shouldn't bet Dragonlance as "serie B". If Dreamworks could produce a decent movie or serie the heroines of Dragonlance may become more popular than Disney princesses.

If they create special rules for fear and sanity/madness they will want to know the feedback. Maybe somebody would rather like sanity points from "Call of Chulth" but others like the one by "Unknown Armies".

Maybe you think Jakandor and Dark Sun are too different, but that is not totally true. Both have got a primal-punk lool style. I guess Jakandor could be used as a "guinea pig" to test the reaction by the public in a future adaptation of the DS franchise.

Last time you were talking about Disney making this fabled Dragonlance adaption, now you've gone to Dreamworks. I await your speculation of Aardman Animation's adaption next.

I feel a great curiosity about how would be a Dragonlance adaptation by Disney, at least the concept art, but if Paramount has got the exclusive rights, then it should be by Dreamworks. Why not? Think about it: as blockbuster Hasbro could be selling toys based in Dragonlance for years.

I mean I feel curiosity about how would be the look of the heroes of Dragonlance with a style as Disney art. To explain it better with an example, a studio made a "Disney" version of Games of Thrones.

Do you think people would buy that as toys?

And who would dare to say Guardians of Galaxy would be a blockbuster? Or the teleserie of the Witcher. If the producers make a good work, it could be the most popular line among the no rpg fandom.

Althought I wonder about if Dragonlance and other D&D lines will suffer a reboot or something like this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases