(Mutants and Masterminds) Looking for plot ideas for a villain

Chromanyx

First Post
Behold! Amidst the smoke, the cracking of steel on stone rings like a bell. The black beast snorts, and the dark figure dismounts. From the acrid vapours, he steps forth: a man clad in a black suit and top hat, with an ivory cane and steampunk goggles.

This is The Conductor: A dastardly villain (inspired by The Cog Is Dead's BAD GUY parody ) who's favourite pastimes include bank robbery, taking over the world, tying women to railroad tracks, and moustache twirling.

Out of place in a 2030s superhero-infested city? Perhaps. But he makes the most of it nonetheless.

So my question to you is this, dear reader: What kind of dastardly scheme would this one-dimensional madman devise?

The song I referenced: youtube.com/watch?v=uJvrUTtnmIM

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
This is The Conductor: A dastardly villain (inspired by The Cog Is Dead's BAD GUY parody ) who's favourite pastimes include bank robbery, taking over the world, tying women to railroad tracks, and moustache twirling.

Is he a conductor like a train, or like an orchestra? If the former he steals the newest high-speed shinkansen style maglev bullet train, if the latter he shrinks the Opera House for a command performance whenever he chooses!

I suggest a reanimated corpse controlled by a tulpa, a sentient construct created by imagination, feelings and/or thoughts. It is not really an undead but more as a fey.

MarkB

Legend
Over the past several months the city's invested in a major cable-laying scheme to bring its broadband up to date, which involved much digging up of major thoroughfares and associated traffic frustrations. Now that it's done, people are going back on the roads in droves, relieved to be free of the roadworks.

What they don't know is that the contractors were a front company for The Conductor's civilian alter-ego, and they secretly installed a network of tracks beneath the road surfaces.

This morning, at the height of rush hour, the rails burst out from beneath the asphalt, bursting the tyres on the vehicles thronging the streets and locking onto their bare wheels, using the conductive connection to hack their electric motors (the city having banned gas-powered cars in its centre some time ago) and fuse the locks on their doors (it's super-science, don't question it).

The entire city centre is now the Conductor's personal train set - he can set the vehicles in motion, weaving between each other on the multiple intersecting tracks in entertaining near-misses, maybe crash some into each other if he gets petulant.

His ultimate plan is to set the system to pouring more and more juice into the vehicles' motors, making them ride the rails faster and faster. Once they're up to 100 mph he'll make his ransom demands - pay up, or with a flick of a switch he'll withdraw the rails and set loose a thousand speeding vehicles on narrow, crowded streets with no tyres and no way to control where they crash.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
Since I don't know how serious this villain is supposed to be, or the camp factor of the story, I will offer Potty Mouth!

Sid Ferguson, veteran sanitation worker in (insert superhero city name here), was thought dead last year when he fell into a half-empty waste storage tank at the local Super Fund site. Sloppy safety standards and equipment and an unwillingness on the part of his supervisors to take responsibility led to a coverup of the accident, and Sid simply 'going missing,' and being quietly taken off the city employment rolls. His lack of a family or any close connections made the coverup even easier, or so the crooked administrators thought.

Behold! The world will now suffer for its transgressions, punished by Potty Mouth! Standing a squat 5'8", with a soft gut, wearing a filthy once-white tank top undershirt and utility pants, this bald, hairy-shouldered creep has to major superpowers: first, he exudes a cloud of nauseating stench at will, blurring the vision and burning the lungs of those within range. The stench is also enough to incapacitate. Second, he is able to blast walls, cars, doors, and his foes with a high-pressure stream of raw sewage, projectile vomited at will (although, like a dragon's breath, he has to recharge now and again). He is also more resilient to physical damage than the average person. And although it is not a superpower, he is also known for his exceptionally vulgar language.

Potty Mouth keeps his lair somewhere in the abandoned warehouses at the edge of town, lurking around toxic waste and the rusted skeletons of the city's industrial past. He engages in the typical brand of bank robberies, jewelry heists, and other property crimes. Due to his preference for living in filthy conditions, he has no known longterm associates, but has at times been hired on by other gangs and criminals for his ability to control the battlefield (stench) and strike from range (projo puke).

I imagine him to look like Paulie, from the early Rocky movies, but much dirtier, of course.

As for the mechanics of this menace, I see him as having some level of Damage Resistance, enough to let him shrug off punches and being smacked with a bat or something like that. I'd also give him some small amount of automatic healing, enabling him to get up after being knocked down several times. Nothing too much, but enough to give lower-level heroes a challenge. For his stench, I'd treat it like a spell that required Concentration, and the longer he maintains it the worse it gets for people, and the longer it can reach - basically, he would impact everyone within 10 feet, and then each round it'd expand outward 10 feet (in all directions), up to a maximum of maybe 50 or 60 feet. I'd have the first effect be blurred vision, then stun on top of that, followed by puking uncontrollably, followed by unconsciousness. The longer you stay in it, the worse things get for you.

As for his sewage blast, it'd have a range of up to 100 feet, but would do less damage past about 50 or so of that. It'd knock people over, do so blunt force damage, but would also stun and sicken those hit full on with it, and would also stick in place those knocked over by it.

Last edited:

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Out of place in a 2030s superhero-infested city? Perhaps. But he makes the most of it nonetheless.
So my question to you is this, dear reader: What kind of dastardly scheme would this one-dimensional madman devise?

Create a super-weapon to cause world-wide super-EMP that fuses all electronic devices into useless hunks of junk...regardless of shielding (hence the "super" part of EMP). Then cash in on all his steam-punk-powered knowledge and gadgets/gizmos.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
I was thinking about Florida Man. It's an incorporeal entity that possesses men and causes them to do those stupid things you find in news reports from Florida.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases