Need help for summon spirit spell

Deedlit

First Post
As I have summmoned many spirits, and am about to get into a game soon as myself, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for a summon spirit spell(Something along the lines of summon monster). If a spell like this already exists could someone tell me where.

Last edited:

Cintra

First Post
The Oriental Adventures book has spells Lesser Spirit Ally, Spirit Ally, and Greater Spirit Ally. However, they summon spirits for a longer duration (you summon them and then negotiate with them to have them perform a service for you; the time it takes to do that service apparently isn't limited to a set amount of time, so long as it is just one single service or task. I don't know if that's the sort of thing you're looking for or not.

DreamChaser

Explorer
those spells are basically identical to the Planar Ally spells.

I think that the nature of the Summon Spirit spells would depend upon what it is that you want spirits to be able to do once summoned.

If they are basically Incorporeal monsters, then they should be higher equivalent level than Summon Monster.

If they can't attack and do other things instead, then we need to define "spirit" better for the purposes of this discussion.

Geoff Watson

First Post
From what I remember of Lodoss War, Deedlit's spirits were just 'special effects' for her spells.
Since she was the 'Elf' class from Basic D&D, play a Fighter/Sorceror, and change the appearance of the spells.

Geoff.

Remove ads