Neverwinter Settlement

Solarc

First Post
Don't know if someone posted this already...but...
--------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Interplay and BioWare reach settlement

Neverwinter Nights to be published worldwide by Infogrames

EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada ? January 24th, 2002 ? BioWare and Interplay have reached a settlement ending the dispute between the companies. Per the agreement, Neverwinter Nights, developed by BioWare, will be published by Infogrames worldwide subject to certain pre-existing Interplay licenses. In addition other matters have been resolved to both parties? mutual satisfaction.

Ray Muzyka, joint CEO of BioWare Corp. said, "We?re delighted that we have reached an amicable settlement agreement in our dispute with Interplay, and we look forward to completing the development work on Neverwinter Nights and having Infogrames publish this product."

Added Herve Caen, President of Interplay: "We are very pleased with the outcome of this situation and we are looking forward to a successful and mutually beneficial relationship with Infogrames and BioWare on this and other titles."

This is great news!!!

:) :cool:

Last edited:

Solarc

First Post
Yeah.... I saw the other thread after I posted...

When are we going to get serach feature again so this kind of thing can stop?

Solarc

el Voz

First Post
Call me a cynic. But I believe NWN is dead. It seems like it is all smoke and mirrors. Legal mumbo jumbo. How long have I waited for it so far? How much longer do I have to wait? I will meet some one have kids, and their kids kids will probably be still waiting.

I keep clicking these threads hoping to see it has been released, but alas I am left hoping...

Solarc

First Post
el Voz said:
Call me a cynic. But I believe NWN is dead. It seems like it is all smoke and mirrors. Legal mumbo jumbo. How long have I waited for it so far? How much longer do I have to wait? I will meet some one have kids, and their kids kids will probably be still waiting.

I keep clicking these threads hoping to see it has been released, but alas I am left hoping...

I guess that would make you "The voice of Cynicism"

;)

Actually I think they will get it out the first half of the year... They keep saying before 3/21/02 (Winter) but I think that was before they were having problems with Interplay.

Now they can concentrate on finishing the game and putting it out. I Lurk on the NWN forums and they are pretty much almost done with the tool set (Tiles, Artwork and Models...) I think they are working on game mechanics now and doing up the story... So I think we'll seee more soon.

Solarc

Tsyr

Explorer
I'm with AP... If it were some no-name company, or some company that doesn't have a good rep, I might be inclined to agree it's become vaporware...

But not Bioware. I'll give them a second, third, fourth, fifth, whatever number is needed, chance.

Remove ads