New Background: Polymorphed Dragon

Taronkov

Explorer
I've got it saved to my computer (at least I think it's this one), I'll post it up in a little bit for you.

Edit: Also welcome to the boards.

Taronkov

Explorer
If this isn't the right one Messageboard Golem I apologize...

Polymorphed Dragon: You are a mighty dragon! …or, at least you used to be. Now you're stuck in this lesser form with the humans, elves, and dwarves. How humiliating. You probably want to find some way to regain your former glory, or at least learn how to live among the Nomlings.

Skill Proficiencies: Intimidate, Insight

Languages: Draconic replaces you racial language, and you gain two of your choice

Equipment: A minor treasure that is all you have left of your hoard and that you won't part for anything short of a means to be a dragon once again, a trophy from a former adventurer who unwisely invaded your lair, a set of clothes you still aren't sure how to wear, a bed roll with 25 gp sown in.

Feature: Imperious Nature
When you give a command you expect it to be obeyed and the way you talk and hold yourself makes others feel they ought to… or else. People, both commoners and lesser nobility, will generally start to obey what you tell them to do, though they might not follow through if it doesn't fit what they'd normally obey.

Suggested Characteristics: Dragons are almost always arrogant, even the nice ones. One such as yourself that is denied your rightful form is also likely to be quite frustrated as well.

Personality Trait
1. I have always had some interest in the lives of the nomlings, now seems to be a good time to learn more.
2. I never wanted anything to do with the nomlings and I still don't.
3. I am very inquisitive and experimentative with magic. I may or may not be at fault for my predicament.
4. I love to tell everyone the virtues of being a dragon and how much I miss it.
5. I now understand and sympathize why the nomlings band together. Almost everything is big enough to eat them!
6. I find the concept of humanoid etiquette hard to grasp, like table manners or clothing.
7. I still take the long view on things, even though my new body isn't suitable for that.
8. I love playing with all the little things that I can use with these new hands.

Ideal
1. Stewardship. Even without my true form and its power, I still have responsibility to protect and guide the lesser races. (Good)
2. Loyalty: Despite the setback in regards to my form, I still have duties to perform to my clan or council of wyrms. (Lawful)
3. Adaptable: I'm still a dragon at heart and should be able to come out on top regardless of circumstances. (Chaotic)
4. Tyrant: I'm still a dragon and I should still be in charge. And get virgins! (Evil)
5. Patience: Momentary setbacks won't prevent me from continuing with my plans and hoard gathering. (Neutral)
6. Majesty: Even with my malady I am still regal beyond any nomling king. (Any)

Bond
1. Regaining my true form is my single most pressing drive.
2. The loss of my true form is a just punishment, and I must make amends.
3. I must hunt down and avenge myself upon the fool who did this to me!
4. My hoard contained an extremely precious or dangerous item and I must get it back.
5. How am I going to raise my wyrmling(s) when they hatch now?!?
6. That I am a dragon must be kept secret for my own safety.

Flaw
1. I still enjoy the taste of humanoid flesh, and occasionally eat my defeated enemies.
2. There is nothing I won't do to gather a new hoard.
3. Making half-dragons is a tradition I'd like to see if I'm still capable of.
4. I consider myself physically handicapped and don't understand why hardly anyone else has pity on me.
5. I take an instant dislike to any member of the race or nation of the one who did this to me.
6. It seems like only the thrill of battle gets me out of my depressed state.

Source/Credit
Andrew W. Johnson, aka Dunther the Great, aka The Grand User

Edit: Formatting didn't transfer pretty.

Remove ads