D&D 2E New kit?

abe ray

Explorer
Kit concept: healing wizard
benefit: you can cast healing spells!
flaws:you must give up the ability to cast spells of 3 schools not including abjuration Or necromancy.you also loose(temporary) 1 con per level of healing spell you cast. if you go to zero con then you go into a coma for 1 hour per point lost. You regain 1 con per hour rest.
nwp:healing & herbalism
weapon prof:any non violent weapon
what do you think & how would you fine people improve upon it?

Last edited:

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
In 2e healing spells are Necromancy. So maybe have the kit available only to Necromancers. Or at least, Necromancy can't be a prohibited school for the character.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
They need to have access to Necromancy and Abjuration. They should have to suffer some type of cost for healing others, because they are not sourcing divine energy. Maybe they must lose a point of Con temporarily when they cast a spell or age faster than normal. Something thematic to show they make a sacrifice to heal others.

abe ray

Explorer
I just altered the kit as per your suggestions.
They need to have access to Necromancy and Abjuration. They should have to suffer some type of cost for healing others, because they are not sourcing divine energy. Maybe they must lose a point of Con temporarily when they cast a spell or age faster than normal. Something thematic to show they make a sacrifice to heal others.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I like it. I just picture a wizard ruining his health for a while by using his own life-force to heal people. Your mileage may vary at higher levels if the caster heals people several times a day. Remember, being reduced to 0 Constitution is fatal.

Remove ads