New Products, Updates, and News

Bardsandsages

First Post
This is Julie Ann Dawson, owner of Bards and Sages. I’ve got lots of stuff to share today, and instead of spamming the forum with separate threads, I figured it made more sense to do it all in one place.

Bribery: Why call it anything but what it is? We recently crossed the 250 “like” mark with our new facebook page (still not sure how I feel about the change from fans to likes, but I digress), and to celebrate, we are giving away a free digital copy of our horror anthology Legendary Horrors. You don’t need to be a fan (or liker…that doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?) but you do need to visit the Facebook page to get all of the details. And while you are there to get your free copy, you might want to consider “liking” us while you are there. Why? Well, see, it makes Julie happy. And when Julie is happy, she gives stuff away. And when I get happy enough, I plan on giving away a free hardcover copy of The Doom Guardian to one lucky person.

Updated Product: Karmic Monsters. Speaking of free stuff, if you previously purchased Karmic Monsters for the Karma Roleplaying System, please check your account at RPGNOW to get your updated download. We made several big changes to this product as we prepare to move a lot of previously digital only products to print. This revised version now includes the cave lion, krellix, and pouakai, which were previously sold as separate supplements. It also includes the following NEW creatures: chimera, gnoll, goblin, hobgoblin, kobold, manticore, and troll.

For those of you that have been putting off getting Karmic Monsters and are now thinking “great, they added content, which means they must have also raised the price,” well the good news is we haven’t touched the price. It is still only $4.49.

New Product: Elemental Awakening. Centuries ago, powerful entities from the elemental planes of The Flux visited the world. Taking an active interest in the affairs of mortals for their own alien reasons, these entities, known as the Noble Djinn, imbued certain people with a token of their elemental powers. These were the first Elemental Weavers.

Legend says that it was their own hubris that led to their downfall. Mortals, unaccustomed to such power, abused their gifts and waged war on other Weavers and the Unimbued. Eventually, the Weavers were annihilated, and the Noble Djinn left the world to its own devices.

Yet some of that residual power remained.

Elemental Awakening is a supplement for the 3.5/OGL system. The seeds of the ancient Elemental Weaver powers have lain dormant within the descendants of the ancient Weavers, but now those seeds begin to flower and these long-lost powers blossom once more. As one of the Awakened, players will learn to harness their gifts to empower their characters with unique abilities. Instead of using all new races or classes, the Awakened use new feats to customize their racial and class abilities. Awakened can swap out selected class abilities for certain Awakened feats.

Players have the choice of four Awakened feats (Air, Earth, Fire, or Water) that they can select during character creation. As players gain new feats, they can build upon their Awakened gifts by selecting additional Awakened-specific feats. Fighters will unlock many Awakened feats that qualify as fighter bonus feats. Wizards can employ special Awakened feats for their bonus metamagic feats. And all classes will discover that they can swap out certain class-specific benefits for Awakened feats. 37 feats in all.

Closing of the Lulu Storefront: For those of you that previously purchased our print products through our Lulu storefront, we have closed the storefront and will no longer be using Lulu to print new products. It is a long, drawn out story, and for those of you that want the details, I explained it all on our Gather page. The Power Word: Print storefront is still open.

All of our print products are available on Amazon, and you can use our aStore link to find them all easily.

Remove ads