Release New RPG: Spirit and Steel Core Rulebook

DaveM

First Post
Hi there. I've just released by first non-5e product: a minimalist TTRPG called Spirit & Steel, which is now available on Drivethrurpg. Further info is below. Hope it's of interest. Thanks!

Spirit & Steel is a new minimalist fantasy roleplaying game designed to be easy for newcomers to learn, while having enough tactical versatility for more combat-focused players.

The game system is built around the d20; no other dice are needed. Characters have the flexibility to choose a range of different abilities, allowing for both significant customization while offering incentives to follow one of three archetypes that open up more powerful abilities and spells.

Key features of the Spirit & Steel Core Rulebook include:

• a quick and intuitive character creation system
• 5 ancestries, 3 roles/archetypes, and 5 backgrounds
• 72 abilities, including 34 prestige abilities
• 54 spells
• 32 magic artifacts
• a bestiary of 55 creatures
• a short introductory adventure

The Core Rulebook is available here: Spirit & Steel Core Rulebook - DSM Games | DriveThruRPG.com

The free Quick Start Rules can be found here: Spirit & Steel Quick Start Rules - DSM Games | DriveThruRPG.com

available now advert 2.png

Dan Davenport

Hardboiled GMshoe
Hello, Dave! I run the Randomworlds TTRPG Discord chatroom and hold Q&A sessions for game authors there. Would you be interested in coming by to discuss Spirit & Steel?

Past guests include Kenneth Hite, Robin D. Laws, Greg Stafford, Greg Stolze, Marc Miller, Jonathan Tweet, Margaret Weis, Mike Pondsmith, Ken St. Andre, Peter Adkison, and Mark Rein•Hagen.

This is a free service, although tips are welcome at https://ko-fi.com/gmshoe.

Your Q&A will be promoted on my Facebook feed, at 13 Facebook groups -- 16 if it is a Kickstarter -- and on three major RPG web forums (TheRPGSite, RPGPub, and Enworld). In addition, the log of the Q&A will be maintained on my blog.

Here's the schedule: #randomworlds Q&A Schedule

(The current standard time slots are 1:00-3:00 pm Central Standard Time Saturday and Sunday and 7:30-9:30 p.m. Central Standard Time every day of the week except where otherwise noted.)

Here's the shortcut to the chatroom:

Here's my blog, where I save the Q&A logs: The Hardboiled GMshoe's Office

And here's the Q&A format: Q&A Format

I should also mention that game authors are always welcome to hang out with us and discuss their products, and we have quite a few authors who do so on a regular basis. A Q&A simply gives you the floor to yourself. Stop by and check us out! :)

Remove ads