New to Salem, MA looking for gamers to form a group

Houndin

First Post
Hey all, I've recently moved to Salem, MA and I'm looking to get a group going. I don't know anyone in the area yet, and I was hoping that some people here might be able to help.

My Bona Fides:
I have been playing and DM/GM-ing online regularly now for about 5 years, though I played all through high school and college as well. I'm rapidly approaching 40 yrs old and as such I've gotten more into the story and roleplaying than the combat. In my games it's not uncommon to go several sessions with only social encounters, or to have my players find a non-combat solution when the opportunity does arise. I use both "Theatre of the Mind" as well as maps and minis/tokens as needed, and as my prep time allows.

As I spent many years in my youth DMing Ravenloft in AD&D2e and oWoD Werewolf, I tend to lean towards darker games, even if it's not generally a dark system. I enjoy all the regular genres, Fantasy, Modern and Sci-Fi. I can comfortably run games in D&D (2e or 5e), Savage Worlds, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu 6e, miscellaneous OSR games (SWN, LL, S&W), Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Palladium Fantasy 1e (I'm not a fan of 2e or the greater Megaverse), and FATE (CORE/Accelerated). I also have a large dead-tree and PDF collection of other games I own but have never had the opportunity to play.

I enjoy GMing as well as playing and would like to get some sort of round-robin GM seat going if anyone is willing.

Games I'm not a fan of are D&D 3.x and Pathfinder, and games like them that in my opinion promote min/maxing and crunch at the table.

If you're interested, please feel free to contact me here or via email at Houndin At Live Dot Com.

Remove ads