Newbie question on scrying

Norm

First Post
Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but what I get from reading the materials, a character cannot scry unless they cast the scry spell?

If there is no way for a fighter based party to scry (other than hiring an NPC) is there any way it could be accomplished through feats or skill use or anything ?

I know that hiring an NPC is the most obvious way to go but I am just curious if there are any other ways.

Thank you,
- Norm

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Norm said:
Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but what I get from reading the materials, a character cannot scry unless they cast the scry spell?

If there is no way for a fighter based party to scry (other than hiring an NPC) is there any way it could be accomplished through feats or skill use or anything ?

Not as uncommon a question as you'd think; in a game I played in, someone was trying to scry, and rolled his skill check. "You have that spell?" I asked, surprised. "There's a spell?" he answered.

There is no way for a purely fighter party to scry. It requires a spell, a scroll, or a magic item like a crystal ball. If you're DM, though, you could introduce a magic mirror like the one in "Snow White" that could be used by anyone to scry once per day, instead of requiring that the user have "scry" on their spell list.

Hope this helps a bit!

Remove ads