• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Noob Warlock Question

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I love warlocks, so I am just soaking up all the threads about them. Any good prestige classes based around eldritch powers out there?

emoplato

First Post
I love warlocks, so I am just soaking up all the threads about them. Any good prestige classes based around eldritch powers out there?
Well both of the theurgy classes are solid choices for warlock. I am not sure what you mean by eldritch powers though. A lot of the strict warlock PrC's out there aren't really that great except for a couple. As most people know the Hellfire Warlock brings in some much needed boom. An interesting choice in which most people don't talk about is the Demonbinder(Drow of the Underdark). Over all you don't want to take this PrC fully it isn't worth the frame hit especially when its key abilities are keyed off charisma, however it gives you so many new forms, powers, and all of them give temporary hit points that it is worth looking into. A two level dip and great charisma score will net you most of the abilities. The major issue is qualifying for it as a player character you need to find a way to square off being a Drow and Chaotic Evil. The first can be done with Changeling and racial emulation but the latter requires some talking to the group and/or the DM.

emoplato

First Post
I am looking for prestige classes that add to a warlock's eldritch blast and invocations...
The Complete Mage has two great theurgy classes. The Eldritch Disciple can make a great support and tank as it gets divine casting and a cleric chasis. Eldritch glaive and cleric buff spells make it prime for melee. The Eldritch Theurge is a great blaster combining eldritch blast and essences with spells.
A lot of existing class progression either don't advance enough or don't do the warlock much good to have nor qualify for. The Hellfire Warlock is the best for your Eldritch blast. Their are only two other strict warlock PrC's, one I talked about before which arguably gives you a whole mess of invocations(imagine Marilith form with Eldritch claws:]). The other isn't worth your time at all. The Enlightened Spirit is suppose to be a "redeemed" Warlock but it doesn't advance invocations. It instead just gives eldritch blast effects against specific creatures, a shape, wings, and a death ward effect.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Eldritch Glaive is fantastic.

My problem is, ever since I discovered the Tibbit race, I can't see playing a Warlock class with anything else. A housecat that shoots laser beams from it's eyes. Good times.

Hellfire Warlock is a must for any serious Warlock build, in my humble opinion.

Eldritch Disciple makes a versatile Warlock. At the loss of 3 Warlock levels, you get Cleric spell progression. All the ClericZilla yumminess, still decent Eldritch Blast, all your invocations. You just need to choose at the end of the 10 level PrC if you'd rather progress more Cleric or Warlock side, which seems a tough choice.

EDIT: Ninja'd on the Eldritch Disciple!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads