There is a level of unclarity about one specific section of Fatigue. Specifically level 5 which states "Hit Dice Halved". This could be interpreted in a number of different ways.
- Your current number of useable hit dice you have is reduced to half the current number. I have 4 hit dice, but after gaining level 5 fatigue, I now have 2.
- Your maximum number of hit dice is reduced by half. I am level 6 and normally have 6 hit dice, but my current hit die maximum is now only 3.
- The amount of healing you receive from spending hit dice is halved. I spend a hit die to heal and rolled 1d8+3 and got a total of 8, but only receive 4 hit points back.
- Your maximum hit points are reduced as if you had half your number of hit dice. I am level 4 and have d8s and a +1 Con and took the average 9+6+6+6= 27 hp. After gaining level 5 fatigue my max HP is reduced to 9+6= 15. Or perhaps it is just halved to 14.
- Your maximum hit points are simply reduced by half. Using the above character example, max HP would reduce from 27 to 14.
- Any or some combination of these things.