Notifications of my Own Posts

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
For some reason, when I post in a subscribed thread that thread shows up in my Settings with a new post. This never used to happen, and it's a little frustrating to have to go back and clear those . . . I know when I make a new post :D. Is this a bug, or is there a setting I'm missing to make it stop?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I guess this one's going to go without an answer . . . over 80 views and no replies.

You realise there aren't 80 admins, right? The number of views doesn't equate to the number of people able to answer your question.

In answer to your question -- that, unfortunately, is how vBulletin works. We could change it, but it requires hiring someone to rewrite the software. Again, feasible -- but we have a whole list of Kickstarter-ralated custom coding we're slowly working through right now. So we could consider that as a custom coding request, but it'd be some months down the line.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You realise there aren't 80 admins, right? The number of views doesn't equate to the number of people able to answer your question.

In answer to your question -- that, unfortunately, is how vBulletin works. We could change it, but it requires hiring someone to rewrite the software. Again, feasible -- but we have a whole list of Kickstarter-ralated custom coding we're slowly working through right now. So we could consider that as a custom coding request, but it'd be some months down the line.

Sorry - yes, I recognize that 80 views doesn't mean 80 admins have looked at it. It just seemed like my past posts in this forum got an answer - at least a "we've seen your post and will get back to you" type answer - within a couple of days. So after a couple of weeks it didn't seem like it was going to be answered.

Please do consider this a custom coding request. Now that I know that it's not a bug I can adjust my outlook and deal with it until you get around to making the change.

Thanks for the reply!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases