D&D General Of the 15 D&D characters I can remember playing, 8 of them were human

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My current 3.5 campaign has two PCs named Xandro and Zander. It irritates me to no end. I've taken to calling Zander by his last name, Quilson.

Johnathan

In my newbie group, one of the players chose the name Nora for her character, knowing that it was the name of another player's partner (who doesn't play, but we are all friends with, including my wife who does not play) causing weird confusion when I recount tales from the table sometimes.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
In my newbie group, one of the players chose the name Nora for her character, knowing that it was the name of another player's partner (who doesn't play, but we are all friends with, including my wife who does not play) causing weird confusion when I recount tales from the table sometimes.
I once ran a one-off game where one of the players gave her character the same name as that of another player at the table. Very confusing, particularly as I always use character names rather than player names.

Me-as-DM: "Bob, did you say you were going left or right?"
Bob-the-player: "I'm not going anywhere, I'm rearguard."
Me-as-DM: " sigh - I meant Bob the character..."

Remove ads