[ONLINE] Hosting Fallout d100 | 3 Different Groups

WhiteDragon32

First Post
Hello All,

I am starting up a Fallout D100 campaign. Well 3 of them actually on 3 different days. I am doing this to accommodate more people and to keep the groups to a manageable size (check below for days and times).

Campaign Introduction

This is a post apocalyptic world like the Fallout Games. You can read more on Fallout by Googling Fallout Wiki.

Campaign Introduction OR lead in story

This is a fallout world where the vaults have been open for about 300-500 years.

Your backstory is written at this point of the story and take place before and up this part of the campaign story. Your backstory can be simple if u don’t really care.

All of a sudden you wake up in the middle of the night to gun fire. "Why are these idiots shooting off their guns at this late hour! Sheesh I know we are out in the middle of nowhere but we don't have to act like a bunch of fools with guns for the first time!!" you groggily think while being woken up by this gun fire. But then you kind of think about it and you're not hearing any hooting or hollering out there and more and more guns are going off. You hop up out of you blanket and are standing on the back of the truck you were sleeping in to see what is going on. What you see going on has to be fake it just has to be. You see a group of armored metal robots that is just walking through this gun fire. The robots aren't shooting back but it does look like they are attacking the people up close and personal. The odd thing is that after they get up close and personal they are just walking away from those people afterwards...

The rest has been put on the first post after this due to it being to long for an OP.

At the start of this campaign you will all be starting out as Humans. Later if your character dies or you really want to play a different race like Ghoul, Super-Mutant, Dog, Humanoid Robot, or Deathclaw. All these can be worked into the game.

Rule-set:These are the rules that we will be using for this Campaign. There will be a few House rules, but nothing that will detract from the game. Instead these rules add a little bit more balance to the game and add a couple extra features to it that will be of benefit and line up with the story a bit too.
Wiki/rules: The site won't let me post links so ill have to get this to you when we talk on TeamSpeak
House Rules: The site won't let me post links so ill have to get this to you when we talk on TeamSpeak
CharacterSheet: Will be provided when we create characters

GM Interaction/story-line: Will be NPC interaction

System: Maptools is what we will be using

Macros/Rolling: There will be macros already setup for you to use in the game. The only things you will need to worry about is reading the Campaign Introduction and creating your character :D Everything else will be handled by me.

Days/times: First-Group is on Monday 7pm - 9pm EST or 8pm - 10pm EST. Second-Group is on Saturday. Third-Group is on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday Times will be based off of what works best for the people who will be playing on those days. I may run these for longer than 2 hours based on if you guys want to.

In-Game Shopping: For most of the shopping it will not take place during game time unless your all out of Ammo, Armor is badly broken, or it is for an quest that is going on. This is to help save game time for playing :) You will be able to retroactively shop in all cities/towns we went through during the Session. You won't be able to retroactively shop infinitely. It will just be between your game Sessions. This will also allow you to save caps up through that nights Session and even be able to spend them on the first city/town you visited before you had that money (advantage here). This also applies to all selling of items as well.

Coms: We will be using TeamSpeak for voice communication. We will be using Skype-Group for each group. Skype-Group will be used for between game communication and/or between-game-RP for Fallout and will be for shopping between games too. This is also where announcements for any changes will be made too. Announcements along the lines of something came up in your life so you will be 30min late or your unable to make it for some reason or if for some odd reason I am unable to be there to start up on time.

Please leave a message below with indications on what night/day during the week that you are interested in joining the Campaign. I will send a private message to you to setup a time to talk to you on TeamSpeak, so that you can ask me questions. Please use this site/forums for communication purposes.

Last edited:

WhiteDragon32

First Post
"This is very odd. Also, it seem that the robots aren't taking any damage! Whatever I got to get out of here!" You hop out of the back of the truck and go to the driver side to go and start the truck. "That freaking stupid paranoid idiot! He didn't leave the keys in the truck! He took them out again!!!" You have no chance to use the truck you look around to see if you can find a way out of this. However it looks like you guys are surrounded, but it seems you may see a way to get out of this mess. So, you start running through the mess of vehicles and people and robots trying to dodge around them while trying to get out of this mess. However you didn't notice a robot that was heading straight towards you from the side because it had been blocked by one of the other vehicles that was there. It was to fast for you to have a proper reaction to it reaching out and grabbing you.

"Oh no I'm screwed now!" is what is going through your head while you are trying to break free of this robot that has you by the arm. As you are struggling to get out of its grasp you see it reach for something attached to the side of the robot. "It's a gun!" It starts to aim it at you while your face goes ghost white in panic. You turn to run while still trying to get your arm free hoping to break free from it's grasp. When all of a sudden you feel a large thing jabbed into your arm. It causes you so much pain you couldn't help but turn around and see what happened. What you see just doesn't make sense. It has jabbed the gun into your arm. "What the heck is going on here?!?!?!" you are still so confused. How does a gun feel like something being stabbed into your arm?

You then seem to notice that it doesn't look like a normal gun to you. It seems to have this glass tube connected to it. In fact now you see the glass tube filling up with stuff. You mind is still all boggled up over everything going on that it just doesn't make sense to you. "this thing has been stabbed into my arm and now some glass tube is filling up with liquid. This liquid is coming from my arm?!" you're still confused over it all and not understanding. "the only thing that is liquid in my arm is blood..... WAIT! that's my blood? what they heck is going on? why is it taking my blood?"

You start to look around and your mind slowly starts to somewhat clear up a bit. You are seeing around you that the robots aren't actually attacking. They seem to be doing this same thing to the rest of them. For those who were caught before him their tubes of blood were already full. You are seeing that once they are full the robots put them up close to their eyes and stare at it for a while. After staring at it they just let the other people go.

Hope starts to rise in your mind. "they are just letting them go, so after it is done getting my blood I'll be free of this." You look back at the robot why this thought is starting to go through your head. You see that the you blood has filled up the glass tube and the robot pulls what now looks like a thick long needle out of your arm and starts to stare at it. You start to sigh in relief "This is almost over". But when they robot gets done looking at your blood it doesn't let go of you. "This isn't good! Why isn't it letting go of me?!?!" You start to panic. You are hoping that it is just taking longer to let go than the other robots. But then it starts pulling you away with it as it walks towards the outside of this chaotic mess. You try to pull away but it is just useless. No matter what you do you are unable to break its hold on you.

Once the robot drags you out of the chaos going on around you you see another Robot standing out on the side of the chaos. You are being dragged closer and closer to it. You notice that it is different than the rest. It seems to be not as well armored as the other Robots. As you are dragged closer you hear that robot ask "C5-13 what have you found?". The robot dragging you response "Type X". The other Robot then says "C5-13 stand over here. We will wait for the others before leaving.".

You are dragged over to the side to where it just stops and waits while the Robot is still gripping your arm. All you can do is stand there looking around watching the other robots one by one start to leave the chaos and come over to the leader where they are told to send over to the side and wait for the others too. "This isn't good" is what you are thinking as you are see that none of the other Robots leaving so far have anyone else with them. In fact once all the robots leave the chaos not a single other person was brought out.

The Robot Leader commanded the other robots to follow him away from the mess and out into the night. This whole time you are being dragged along with them wondering what your fate will be. They finally stop after about 10 min of walking next to a cage on wheels. They force you into the cage and lock the door and they start pulling the cage behind them. They just keep pulling the cage behind them and keep walking non stop. Whenever you ask what they want from you all they say is "Type X". When you ask where they are taking you all they say is "back".

On the way "back" as they call it they stopped a total of 6 other times other times and leave the cage for a while and come back. Four of the times they brought back no one, however 2 of the times they came back with another person and lock them in the cage with you. From what the other people have said it seems like the same thing happened to them as it did to you. The only thing is one of the guys they brought back seems to be sick. Also, when they ask the robots what they want with them the Robots said "Type C" to one of them and "Type 1" to the other. That was the only difference in the answers.

When you finally end up arriving where the robots were taking you "back" to you are taken out and dragged into a cave. You seem to have been brought to one of the Vaults that are still functioning. They take you inside and take you guys into different directions. That was the last you ever saw of those two.

They take you into another room. "Oh freaking crap! Oh freaking crap! This can't be happening!! this CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!" is all you can think as you see a metal table in front of you that is made to strap people down on. They take you and force you onto the table and strap you down while the whole time you are doing all that you can to fight against them. They even strap your head down tight to the point where you can't move it even a single millimeter. You are so terrified that you can't even think at this point. Then another robot comes in, but it looks a bit different from the other Robots you have seen so far. It comes over with what looks like a small empty jar.

The Robot uses a tool and forces your eye lid open and opens the jar and places the opening over you eye. "I knew it I'm so screwed. They are going to start taking parts of me and experimenting on me." Is all that is going through your head. Then all of a sudden you eye starts to burn and the burning starts to travel over the outside of you eye towards the back of your eye going under the eyelid. The burning then starts to travel to into your brain and keeps traveling deeper and deeper into you brain. All you can do is scream and keep screaming while this is going on. Then out of nowhere the burning stops and goes away. Then all you hear is the Robot that just did this to you say to the armored robots "It seems the Brain Bug has made it's way into his brain and settled down. You can take him away now." All you can think is "Brain Bug!! What the heck do they mean by Brain Bug?! And it has gone into my brain and settled down?! What is going to happen to my brain now? What is that freaking stupid Brain Bug going to use my brain for?"

After that they removed the restraints and take you out of that room. They take you to another room that is guarded by more robots and shoved you in and closed the door behind you. As you pound on the door in frustration you hear noises coming from behind you. You turn around to find that you are not the only one in this room. In fact the room is quite large and there are many beds/bunks along the walls and tables in the middle and another doorway on the other side that people are going in and out of. "What the heck is going on here" is what you are thinking. One of them comes over to you and says "You are probably wondering what is going on here. Aren't you?"

After talking to them for a while you find out that they all ended up here about the same way you had. You also find out that many of them them have been here for about 3-6 months already. They explain to you how things work around here as well. First off they have no clue what the Brain Bugs are. They have never seen anything besides the robots. There seems to be 4 types of robots. you have the L=Leader/s that command the other robots. You have the C=collectors that find people and bring them back. You have the T=trainers and the R=Researchers.

They also explained how twice a week the R-Bots will come by and draw blood. We are never told what it is for except that it is used for experiments. Also, they have not found anyway out. However, even though they aren't allowed to leave from what they tell you life isn't bad here. In fact it is much better than anything they had going on before for the most part especially since they are virtually prisoners here. You are quite surprised by what they tell you their daily lives are like here. They tell you that you have freedom within the floors they are given access to. You are not locked into any cells at night so you can sleep when you want and get up and move around when you want as well. Also, the food isn't bad and the water is clean too.

However the biggest surprise you get out of all of this is that the people are being trained by the T-bots. You are required to pick a category of combat that you want to train in and the T-bots make sure you get proper training in it. They also make sure you get basic training in First Aid, Math, Basic Physics, Science, Pilot, and Outdoorsman. You get most of this training through training Holo-Vids with basic-AIs from before the Vaults and Radiation War. If you had any questions the T-bots were there to try and answer them to the best of their abilities. For the melee fighting skills you would be taught by the T-bots and spar against there others in the training sessions. For guns the T-bots would show you how to properly use them and you would train with them at the target range that had stationary targets and moving targets alike.

This ended up being their and your life for about the next year.

Last edited:

Remove ads