OotS 830

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Good comic today.

Clearly having Xykon force RedCloak to lose his eye because of the misplaced phylactery has caused RedCloak to become a great deal more ruthless and committed to attaining his own goal. It also re-enforces one of Red Cloaks more important character traits.

Also, Pwned!

END COMMUNICATION

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
He could allways tell Xykon the truth.

She broke into his sanctum so she had to be mercilessly killed. Bad guys understand badguy code, that being you break into a badguy's private space and are discovered by the badguy, only one of the two will walk out of the room alive.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Voadam

Legend
I'm so used to Red Cloak being a competent bad ass high level cleric I find myself forgetting he's a little goblin doing all this.

Corathon

First Post
That was awesome! And clearly shows that Redcloak is the real main villain of this series!

(Also, I note that the snarl is only one of the strings by which he manipulates his weapon, Xykon. I wonder what else he has in the works.)

The other big "string" is that he has Xykon's phylactery.

As for Tsukiko - good riddance.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
For the record: My dislike of Tsukiko means Rich did well with writing the character, not that he failed somehow with writing the character. He managed to elicit a strong emotion from me with a freakin' stick figure. Not that she was any more or less Evil than Red Cloak or Xykon. She was just . . . something. Something I really disliked. She needed a comeuppance, and I like the way it came.

Bullgrit

Celebrim

Legend
For the record: My dislike of Tsukiko means Rich did well with writing the character, not that he failed somehow with writing the character. He managed to elicit a strong emotion from me with a freakin' stick figure.

Speaking of 'strong emotion', I regret reading this comic during lunch. I felt for a while I was going to have a physical reaction. The 'squish' graphic from the implosion was mildly disgusting, but this went a bit beyond mild for me.

That's what impresses me about OotS.

Anyone else remember the panel where Haley waves at Elan across the battlefield?

Stick figures. Nothing but stick figures.

Rolflyn

First Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Kickstarter thing yet. Perhaps it was in another OotS thread. Rich talked about it yesterday the main Giant in the Playground page. I figured this triple-sized comic was a thank you for almost funding the minimum needed. By now the minimum needed has been shattered, in like 24 hours.

Remove ads