[OT] Andromeda and Sorbo- so long Commonwealth

A2Z

Explorer
That's too bad. I really think trying to main stream the show will ruin everything I liked about it. :(

Celestian

Explorer
Furn_Darkside said:
Salutations,

Andromeda Link

What a shame, I had hoped most of the worry had been hyperbole, but the from the horses' mouth.

FD

From what it says it seems Mr. Roddenberry wasn't planning on the show being Common Wealth centric to begin with.

Frankly I've gotten more interested in the show lately, the first few shows were sleepers. I look forward to the changes.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Re: Re: [OT] Andromeda and Sorbo- so long Commonwealth

Celestian said:

From what it says it seems Mr. Roddenberry wasn't planning on the show being Common Wealth centric to begin with.

Well, actually, talking about Roddenberry's vision for the show is a little sketchy. Mostly because his ideas were sketchy. The character of Dylan Hunt, for example, cops up in more than one unused Roddenberry concept.

IIRC, the first concept for the show wasn't even in space. Dylan Hunt was on a post-apocalyptic earth, using an old underground super-train system to travel from place to place trying to rebuild civilization.

The Andromeda we now watch is a hodgepodge of Roddenberry ideas, with liberal additions by Mr. Wolfe and others.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I, for one, am wary of the changes since Wolfe left the show. Of all the Trek TV series, I am fond of DS9 despite the aversion by the mainstream. And Wolfe contributed to that series.

But then I watched VOY and the changes in the show's executive producer between seasons 4 & 5. While the mainstream embraces it, Trek fans avoid it, or a few like me watched the show in the macabre sense akin to witnessing a horrible accident being played out. It also helps to watch it before you can criticize negatively about it.

Suffice to say, VOY lost perspective of being a unique Trek series and demeans itself to being "just another sci-fi TV show."

However, it does have some of its good points, especially when the episodes are not written by Brannon Braga himself.

If Andromeda follows the same pattern of being "just another sci-fi show," it will lose of its audience, especially those who have been Trek fans and knew of Robert Hewitt Wolfe, formerly of DS9.

Mr. Grimm

First Post
From the description of going out there and helping those who need it, it sounds as if they're making Hercules in Space. Oh well.

But Sorbo's right about the syndication on the networks. The WB has been moving it all over and I've found myself missing a couple of eps. I finally caught it last Sun night and Trans has a whole new look and demeanor I can't figure out and Android Romy looks stupid with that blue hair. Trying to find the reruns is going to be a pain. Anyone know where I can find plot summaries that are worth reading?

Remove ads