• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Yay!!! Guess who won the severance lottery?

I thought I'd have to quit to get rid of this job. I thought it'd take a few more months to build up the capital to quit. But, doggonit, they went and gave me an additional 3.5 weeks, on top of my 2.3 weeks of accrued vacation time.

Now, I have about three months to find a local job. If no luck by then, I can sell my car and get an older used car. If STILL no luck, I can then start selling off my RPG collection. (About $20,000 worth, though I'd probably get only $3,000 - $4,000.)

Woo-hoo! They think they can make the department (already a couple people down) work with even one less person. Until they've trained my replacement(s), the poor managers are going to have to pick up the slack! :)

Heretic Apostate said:
I thought I'd have to quit to get rid of this job. I thought it'd take a few more months to build up the capital to quit. But, doggonit, they went and gave me an additional 3.5 weeks, on top of my 2.3 weeks of accrued vacation time.

Now, I have about three months to find a local job. If no luck by then, I can sell my car and get an older used car. If STILL no luck, I can then start selling off my RPG collection. (About $20,000 worth, though I'd probably get only $3,000 - $4,000.)

Woo-hoo! They think they can make the department (already a couple people down) work with even one less person. Until they've trained my replacement(s), the poor managers are going to have to pick up the slack! :)

Congratulations! It's nice to see someone win the Severance Lottery, especially when you were thinking of quitting anyway. :D

Remove ads