D&D 5E Our new character creation tool was funded in 48 minutes on Kickstarter!

Roll & Play Press

Sam (Roll & Play Press)
Publisher
Hi folks,

We launched our new Kickstarter yesterday for Roll & Play: The Fantasy Character Kit, and we’re really excited to see so much support for the campaign already. Some of you may be familiar with our previous book, The Game Master’s Fantasy Toolkit, from our Kickstarter last year. Charles featured it in the RPG Print News on EN World a few weeks ago.

Pages_Cover.jpg
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollandplaypress/roll-and-play-the-fantasy-character-kit?ref=7dy1ex

This time, the book is all about character creation. It’s 140+ pages of customisable origin stories, interesting bonds and relationships, weapons, fighting styles, arcane focuses, nonplayer characters, and more. It has loads of inspiration that can get cogs turning at a session zero and inspire some fun role-playing opportunities throughout your campaigns.

I’d love to know what you think. Did you back our last campaign? What’s important to you when you’re coming up with characters or NPCs, does it come naturally to you and the people you play with?

Pages_Spellbooks.jpg

Also, happy to answer any questions you might have about running a Kickstarter. We’re a small team (me, my wife, my sister-in-law and a friend), but are always happy to share our experiences!

Thanks,
Sam

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Must admit from the thread title I am a bit disappointed. Here I thought it was an online tool or app or something. My mistake. :(

Anyway, glad you got funded and I hope it turns out well.

Roll & Play Press

Sam (Roll & Play Press)
Publisher
Must admit from the thread title I am a bit disappointed. Here I thought it was an online tool or app or something. My mistake. :(

Anyway, glad you got funded and I hope it turns out well.
That's a fair point! I've always referred to it as a tool because it helps you to create something of your own, as you roll on the different tables in the book and combine the results. But I can see why the title may have sounded like an app!

The book is also available as a PDF, if you're more of a digital gamer :) Thanks for your well-wishes!

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Maybe I'm reading the campaign wrong. But it seems that in the tiers where you get the physical book that you don't get the PDF unless you go with the 150 or 250 pound options. Is this right? Because it seems weird.

Roll & Play Press

Sam (Roll & Play Press)
Publisher
Maybe I'm reading the campaign wrong. But it seems that in the tiers where you get the physical book that you don't get the PDF unless you go with the 150 or 250 pound options. Is this right? Because it seems weird.
We had a number of requests asking us how to get a copy of The Fantasy Character Kit book as well as the PDF. Up until now, it was possible to get both by adding the PDF as an add-on in the pledge manager once the campaign had finished. But, as this has been such a popular request, we have added a new ADVENTURER PLUS+ pledge tier which includes a book and a PDF at a bundle discount :D

Roll & Play Press

Sam (Roll & Play Press)
Publisher
Hi everyone, there's only 8 hours to go until our campaign comes to an end!

We recently unlocked the Blood Hunters & Mutants stretch goal, adding loads of random tables for witchers, vampire slayers and monster hunters to the book!

Here's a link if you want to check it out: Roll & Play: The Fantasy Character Kit – For GMs and Players

If you want to hear a bit more about the project, we were guests on Morrus' podcast a couple of weeks ago. We discussed lots of RPG news, and talked about what backers can expect from the book.

Thanks, Sam.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases