Pathfinder 1E [Paizo] Periodicals & Pagecounts

Just noticed in Dragon #306, that Living Greyhawk Journal is now going to be combined with Dungeon/Poly.

So what's that mean for Dungeon? Fewer pages, or a price increase?

Once, we had Dragon & Dungeon, with lots of D&D content. Then we go to Dragon/LGJ and Dungeon/Poly, with more RPGA and d20 game coverage respectively. Then Dungeon/Poly goes monthly, to increase the d20 game coverage (while supposedly keeping Dungeon page count the same). Now Dungeon/Poly/LGJ ... is it becoming the dumping ground for material no one (not enough people, rather) wants?

Personally, I get Dungeon for the D&D adventures. I could care less about Poly. LGJ has some neat articles, and seems a better fit with Dungeon than with Dragon often enough, but why not just spin Poly/LGJ off into one magazine?

Dazzled by restructuring ...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Erik went over this at one point; I think I remember. IIRC, one month the new monthly Dungeon will be 2/3rds adventures, 1/3rd Living Greyhawk; the next month it will be 2/3rds d20 minigame, 1/3rds adventures.

I'm looking forward to it, assuming they keep up the quality!

Ranger REG

Explorer
On the months when Dungeon get the 60 pages, Poly's 40 pages will feature the Living Greyhawk Journal and support articles for Wizards' other RPGs (Star Wars, d20 Modern, Call of Cthulhu, and Wheel of Time).

Of course, I have yet to know how much space will be reserved for advertisement.

Remove ads