Pathfinder 1E Pathbreaker - musings of an amateur game designer

Welcome back!

Quick question: I know veils are from Dreamscarred Press's take on Soulmelds from MoI, and astral constructs are from the psionics rules (both DPS's and WotC's). But where is "astral suit" from?
DSP again - the Aegis class (psionics). And the classes has Astral Constructs as a spell like ability - structure the same as the Summoner's Summon Monster rather than as spells.

One of the trends I've noticed some on purpose and some not, but it ended up this way - all the classes I have finished for Pathbreaker have "subclasses" built in. That is there in the core game to an extend (wizard schools, sorcerer bloodlines etc), but as I tend to make make broader more generic classes (following in the Talented classes from Rogue Genius) I started adding 1st level choice to bring more definition in, so in some ways, structurally the classes feel a little more 5E that way, with a more generic class and a big choice of flavor early on, or just wide open to choices (such as the Magister, that uses spells from all full spellcasting classes and bascially some feats a bit of a flavor choice at 1st - but spell choice really define what you do with that class, so it isn't as needed)

Remove ads