Permalinks to posts

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but I've noticed that the permalinks to individual posts in forum threads contain a link to the page number in the thread, which doesn't work properly if you set your number of posts per page to be something different than whoever is clicking on the link.

Is that correct? Is it new? Is there a workaround that makes a permalink truly permanent for everyone, regardless of their settings?

drothgery

First Post
I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but I've noticed that the permalinks to individual posts in forum threads contain a link to the page number in the thread, which doesn't work properly if you set your number of posts per page to be something different than whoever is clicking on the link.

Is that correct? Is it new? Is there a workaround that makes a permalink truly permanent for everyone, regardless of their settings?
It's correct, and not new; the link from the number actually works everywhere, though. It's been mentioned before; AFAIK, Morrus isn't sure how to fix this.

Remove ads